• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from N. Texas

Stucklatch

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2021
Irving, TX
Hey there,

I've already posted a couple times but I might as well say hello here. I haven't done anything you could call long range shooting ever or precision shooting in a long while. I didn't grow up with guns but I found I loved shooting in general but especially the Table 1 slow fire in Boot Camp. After that I bought an SPS Tactical in 223 with a cheap scope on it. I got into reloading for it and had a blast. I sold that rifle but I've had it in the back of my mind for a while to get another accurate rifle.

So I recently bought a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor and with some advice from some of the nice folks around here I bought a Bushnell Elite Tactical DMRii for it. I haven't even got out to shoot it yet but I'm hoping to get out of DFW in the next few weeks, get it zeroed and ideally slay some hogs.

I do appreciate all the information I've gotten so far from this site. And the responses I got to my first couple posts were pretty helpful, even saving me from being silly with my money.