• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from NE GA

Geocodyrgia

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2021
NE GA
Hello all, long time lurker, figured I'd join up. Former Marine, current IT sales guy (pre-sales technical engineer) with a love of shooting and sometimes accurately. My 6mm CM RPR is my first really accurate rifle and I love shooting it. Almost through my first 1000 108 ELD-M's in it. I shoot some of the matches out at Elbert County Gun Club when I can but I'm a whole lot closer to GA Gun Club so I do alot of my load testing there. Time for shooting is tough to find with 5 kids from 16 down to 2, but I try to get out a couple times a month. I've been reloading for probably 5 years or so and still have all my fingers (knock on wood). Looking forward to participating in the conversation!

-Chad

Welcome to the Hide from upstate SC and fellow member of ECGC. Do you shoot at any of the club matches? I've been a member for a few years but haven't shot matches and wondered how they are run and scored.

Welcome from N. Ga. We have a 1000 yard range just about an hour north of us we shoot at. I shot in a competition yesterday that was 3 separate strings of 5 balloons at 600 yards with a 5 MPH wind and 37°. 7 shots for the first string, then 6 , then 5. A lot of fun.

Reactions: RackSqueezeBang
Howland, I sometimes participate in the benchrest matches. They have separate classes so I run in the production class and am often by myself in the production class which increases my chances of placing exponentially. They are incredibly accommodating of new guys. They have classes for production, varmint and custom for the benchrest matches. I haven't participated in any other matches there. Scoring is usually both smallest group and highest score. On days where they do combined 200 and 400 yard matches they'll also have a grand agg for both group and score across both distances.

CNC-Dude, sounds like a good time. How far north is the range? Its not unusual to find myself up around Clayton with the scouts so somewhat familiar with the Chattahoochee National Forest area.

Reactions: Howland
I live right at the Tennessee border and the range is about a hour north of Chattanooga.

Welcome for Cumming, GA.... I do most of my shooting at river bend gun club.

@BoltBandit , I've been to RBGC a couple times, thats a really nice setup. I've been itching to come try some of the cowboy y'all do. I know Cherokee has something similar but I haven't had the chance to check it out.

@Howland, yes, I've been to 1 or 2 of their 1000 yd matches but not the 600. Truthfully it seems when I'm able to make it they're almost always doing a 300/400 day. Not that I mind, I'm still figuring a lot of stuff out even at those shorter ranges.

Reactions: Howland