• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member From NETX

jself1976

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2021
Texas
Howdy folks....my name is John. I've been lurking over here for years and finally decided to get more into learning about "long range" shooting. I am a total newb at long range shooting even though I shot Division-level intramural rifle and pistol matches in the USCM in the mid-to-late '90s while stationed on Okinawa and Hawaii. I got out and tried to work a regular job but was hating the grind so I threw my name in the hat and got picked up to do the contracting thing in the Middle East and Central Asia, which lasted for about 10 years. I got severely wounded in Kandahar in 2012 and that put and end to that career, so now I am in logistics.

About four years ago, we moved from DFW to my small little hometown in Northeast Texas. We are building a house on my family farm and I plan on building a 500 yard range. I may can do 1000 if I arrange it just right, but I doubt it. 500 yards is fine enough for me for right now.

That about sums it up. Looking forward to learning more about long range shooting from you all.