• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member from Northern CA

CraigG1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2020
    Have lurked for awhile. New to the precision/long range thing. Great site, I enjoy reading the posts.

Any BLM land out there to shoot long distances?

You’re pretty centered between the two major venues for long range shooting in the State - Coalinga to the south, Sac Valley to the north. Both ranges hold intro courses for new long range shooters.

I believe there is some BLM around Coalinga for shooting. So-Cal with its deserts has easier access long range for BLM, much of the public land in Nor-Cal is mountainous and patchworked with private land. National forests may be worth exploring but they can be more restrictive than BLM.

Reactions: aero22abflight
    You’re pretty centered between the two major venues for long range shooting in the State - Coalinga to the south, Sac Valley to the north. Both ranges hold intro courses for new long range shooters.

I believe there is some BLM around Coalinga for shooting. So-Cal with its deserts has easier access long range for BLM, much of the public land in Nor-Cal is mountainous and patchworked with private land. National forests may be worth exploring but they can be more restrictive than BLM.
    I usually go up to Oroville shooting range but the range is only 550yds but still fun to blow of steam. Get crowded quickly so I'm usually there at sunrise. Wish there is a free public range closer though