• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member From Queensland Australia

Scottnoidea

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2022
Queensland Australia
Happy New Year everyone (well tomorrow I guess for the USA). I've been browsing the forums for a while and learner a great deal from many of the member's posts.

I have been shooting in competition (service rifle initially) and hunting since the age of 12. Joined the Army at 17 and after qualifying for my crossed rifles was selected for the Australian Defence Force shooting team which had me attending many marksmanship training courses and Aussie and international skill at arm's meetings.

When I left the Army after 10 years and transitioned to a civilian job I found that my love of shooting was still strong but by that stage Australia had confiscated att the semi auto rifles and service rifle shooting in Oz was dominated by state of the art SMLE .303s and M96/38 Swedish Mausers. Not my thing!

Today I run "practical" style rifle matches for a local club. We shoot between 25m and 800m on various targets such as IPSC targets on turner's, High Power Rifle targets, Service Rifle targets and a bit of steel thrown in where range safety templates permit. We shoots lot of night matches and replicate the Centrefire Matches at reduced ranges with rimfires. Lots of Tikka T1x and CZ457 rifles in MDT chassis etc. It's all a ton of fun and suits the club members a lot more than traditional matches that dominate in Australia.

Anyway - glad to be here and looking forward to making use of the great knowledge found in these forums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Balor
Yes, someone else from down under! I get to post one of my favorite gifs. And, welcome from CO

1674881604384.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Scottnoidea