• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member from SE Michigan

J Cal

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2021
Detroit
Hello All!

My name is Joel (pronounced Joe-L). First time poster here from SE Michigan. I've been lurking the site since purchasing my first rifle a few years ago. I've also recently inherited my dad's reloading gear, so have been reading up on some tips here as well.

If there's anyone from my side of town, I've been shooting at the Bald Mountain shooting range, but am interested in trying out other ranges and meeting new people.

See you all on the forum!

Joel

Reactions: Faith02
Welcome aboard I’m from Farmington Hills. If you looking to shoot long range. I suggest Thunder Valley Percision in Ohio or Young’s Longshot in Indiana. There worth traveling to on a occasional basis.

Reactions: J Cal
Welcome aboard I’m from Farmington Hills. If you looking to shoot long range. I suggest Thunder Valley Percision in Ohio or Young’s Longshot in Indiana. There worth traveling to on a occasional basis.

Thanks for the suggestions! I am interested in trying out longer distances, unfortunately it's a bit farther that I can do at the moment. It's unfortunate there's not a long(er) distance range within an hour of me (that I know of).

Welcome from SE MI as well! I shoot at Young’s Longshot or Sharonville DNR (local range) and still have yet to make it to Thunder Valley Precision since it’s double the drive from Young’s. I’ve heard good things about Blue Water Sportsman Association up near Port Huron but never been. I know ortonville dnr range goes out to 200yds.

Reactions: J Cal
Welcome from SE MI as well! I shoot at Young’s Longshot or Sharonville DNR (local range) and still have yet to make it to Thunder Valley Precision since it’s double the drive from Young’s. I’ve heard good things about Blue Water Sportsman Association up near Port Huron but never been. I know ortonville dnr range goes out to 200yds.
Hello neighbor! I just looked into Blue Water, looks like a nice place. Unfortunately the 600 yd range is only open for special events. There's also the Detroit Sportsman's Congress that's close to me that has a 200yd range, but not sure how many different memberships I can afford each year haha