• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from Tampa area FL. Current builds inside.

Len5E1

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2018
Hello Everyone! Been lurking a while but now that I am close to having my first lr308 build complete I figured it was time to join the community. I live near Tampa FL and have a 1000 yrd range about 45 minutes away which is where I plan on doing most of my learning/training on long range.

I have a couple lowers that will be come future projects but my current build is listed below. I already have some questions for you guys that I will post in the appropriate sections soon. (mostly bi-pod usage questions)

Aero M5 enhanced receiver set w/ 15" enhanced handguard
JP 20" Med contour 1:11.25 w/ Large Comp w/ matched bolt and firing pin
JP low pro gas block
JP high pressure low mass BCG
JP silent capture buffer system
Magpul PRS Gen 3
Trigger: waiting on a LaRue MBT-2S because it was a budget friendly, but might change out after I get some rounds down range
Optic: Still waiting, thinking a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25 ebr-2c reticle in MIL.

Honestly, I sort of wish I did more research and went with 6.5 creed, but I think I will be plenty happy with my early uninformed decisions. Besides, I will probably have an itch for better accuracy and switch to a bolt gun anyway. Right now I just wanted the fun of customizing a piece, getting a style I like, and having the options to reach out some distance if I wanted. I assume after some long range plinking I'm really going to want to close my groups up and I don't know how much this platform will let me do that but I'm sure going to try. Handloading is definitely in the near future as I already load my .45 and 9mm handgun rounds, I'll just have to pickup some new equipment and learn a whole new process!

Looking forward to being an active member of this community!

Len

Last edited:
Welcome Len! I'm really jealous about that 1000 mile range! ?. I think you better change that to yards. You are very fortunate to have a place to shoot that distance so close to you. We have to drive 2 1/2 hours to do it.

Todd

Welcome Len! I'm really jealous about that 1000 mile range! ?. I think you better change that to yards. You are very fortunate to have a place to shoot that distance so close to you. We have to drive 2 1/2 hours to do it.

Todd
Hahaha...Fixed - Thanks. Hey you never know, maybe I thought I could hit Philly from Tampa :)