• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member from TX

TxCazador15

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2020
I have been lurking for a while and recently joined. I'm a 35 year old banker from Texas and have been hunting hard for about 14 years, ever since I could afford it. I have a passion for hunting and have been blessed to hunt from Canada to Old Mexico and many places in between. I have two boys ages, 8 and 6 and they have been shooting since I felt comfortable getting them behind the trigger. My 8 year old has successfully harvested several whitetails, numerous wild boars, alligator, and aoudad. Any opportunity to get in the outdoors these days I make every attempt to include them.

In September I decided to build my first custom rifle. I decided on a 300PRC and finalized the build last weekend. We were able to get to range to sight her in and take a few longer shots. My sons first attempt at 560 was an impact and I stretched it out to 770 on my first attempt. I'm afraid this will not be my only build. This site is a wealth of knowledge with some great members. Look forward to being here.

Here are the specs on my build:

-Impact Precision 737R action
-Bartlein 26" carbon fiber barrel
-Manners EH1A stock
-ARCA rail
-Atlas bipod
-Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56
-Warne Mountain Tech rings
-Hawkins Tank Brake
-Badger M5 BM
-Triggertech trigger

Attachments

• PRC build5.jpg
    PRC build5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • PRC build 2.JPG
    PRC build 2.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 41
  • PRC build 7.jpg
    PRC build 7.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 33
Greetings from Hot Springs, AR! Get to TX quite a bit. Cresson for pleasure (shooting) and Lone Star for business. Trying to figure out how to get down there permanently!

welcome to the hide. That is a heck of a rig, glad the CF barrel is working out for you. I had one on a 338LM and it just wouldn’t group with any load. Maybe I’ll venture in to another one down the road.