• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member From Western MA

IamJLM

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2021
New England
Hey yall. I’ve been on the forums for a bit and have purchased a scope and brake on the buy/sell. I figured I really should post an introduction by now. Just did a moose hunt in Maine with my rifle I configured after doing plenty of research on this forum. No bull moose, but looking forward to a lightweight, boots on ground, whitetail build and posting it in the comminuty. Hopefully a harvested buck pic soon as well.

See ya around,
JLM

One of my fav places to visit is Florida Ma.

Spend most of my time in eastern MA though.

Please post a picture of your yard signs, everyone in MA has them.......

Reactions: IamJLM
One of my fav places to visit is Florida Ma.

Spend most of my time in eastern MA though.

Please post a picture of your yard signs, everyone in MA has them.......
Florida is just 40 mins up the road. Would like to do some hunting up there when they have a dusting of snow and everywhere else is dry!

No yard signs at my house 🤣 no bumper stickers either

Florida is just 40 mins up the road. Would like to do some hunting up there when they have a dusting of snow and everywhere else is dry!

No yard signs at my house 🤣 no bumper stickers either

Ahhhhh, you are central MA than.

Western MA may start in Erving, I am inclined to say other side of 91.

Friend of mine has 1000 acres to roam on top of Florida mountain. Shoot some steel out there on occasion.

My commute to Leominster starts in about 10 minutes.

Ahhhhh, you are central MA than.

Western MA may start in Erving, I am inclined to say other side of 91.

Friend of mine has 1000 acres to roam on top of Florida mountain. Shoot some steel out there on occasion.

My commute to Leominster starts in about 10 minutes.
I think I'm western. I'm two towns west of Erving, also west of 91. Pretty close to rt 2 though. Just checked maps, 30 mins to FL line. Probably 40 towards the town municipalities.

1000 acres in Florida sounds like a good place to have fun. Some great public land out there too (wildlife management & state forest).

Reactions: pmclaine
Welcome from Tampa Bay! I see you're very much in Western Mass, just north of Pittsfield, and east of Albany, NY. I had a college friend from Pittsfield. He was NROTC and often assisted the Marine GySgt who was on station at my University. The Gunny also taught the PE Dept's "Riflery" course (if you can believe the University even offered one... they did back then). :eek: Furthermore, I was a summer resident of "The Vineyard" for over 40 years, although I haven't seen it since 2007 and probably never will again. The only thing I miss being, Giordano's Fried Clams. I'll figure out the recipie, though.

Welcome Aboard.

Welcome from Tampa Bay! I see you're very much in Western Mass, just north of Pittsfield, and east of Albany, NY. I had a college friend from Pittsfield. He was NROTC and often assisted the Marine GySgt who was on station at my University. The Gunny also taught the PE Dept's "Riflery" course (if you can believe the University even offered one... they did back then). :eek: Furthermore, I was a summer resident of "The Vineyard" for over 40 years, although I haven't seen it since 2007 and probably never will again. The only thing I miss being, Giordano's Fried Clams. I'll figure out the recipie, though.

Welcome Aboard.
I work at a university and there's definitely no Riflery courses here!
I have been a bit out of touch with everything going on at the vineyard but it does look messy. I don't think I'll be going there either hah. There is something to be said about the amount of fried clams from MA all the way up the coast to northern ME. I love all the seafood, honestly. Thanks for welcoming me.

Vineyard, Nantucket, the Cape, White Mountains, Berkshires we are truly blessed geographically while screwed politically.

4AB36C12-D650-45BB-9623-C5938BE90055.jpeg

B0DE5A6A-4797-4A74-A26E-6D87117B528E.jpeg

A13B1239-BF07-451C-BA9A-6C74A20A3558.jpeg

B413B462-02A5-4DBD-803B-E6450115E9D5.jpeg

Great pictures. I have done a good bit of traveling the country so far considering I'm 26. But New England really provides a great variety of landscape and it's all within a couple hours in each direction. Hard to get that elsewhere. Screwed politically is unfortunately too accurate. Not looking forward to the results of the upcoming Massachusetts governor. I haven't looked at polls and probably don't want to.

Reactions: pmclaine
Great pictures. I have done a good bit of traveling the country so far considering I'm 26. But New England really provides a great variety of landscape and it's all within a couple hours in each direction. Hard to get that elsewhere. Screwed politically is unfortunately too accurate. Not looking forward to the results of the upcoming Massachusetts governor. I haven't looked at polls and probably don't want to.
Vote Diehl.

I will experience the sweet taste of revenge should he pull a miracle and win.

I work at a university and there's definitely no Riflery courses here!

This would have been the mid-late 70's. At that point, the University was still "neutral" and not yet "woke." They had a strong ROTC program. That said, if the GySgt wasn't "on station" there, they probably wouldn't have offered the Riflery course. It was some very good side work for the Gunny.

And, if that's not enough, my HS (the one from which I graduated... I attended two of them) had a "rifle" club. They didn't have a range on campus, but there were plenty of other facilities and high schools that did. Not anymore, I'd bet.

I have been a bit out of touch with everything going on at the vineyard but it does look messy. I don't think I'll be going there either hah. There is something to be said about the amount of fried clams from MA all the way up the coast to northern ME. I love all the seafood, honestly. Thanks for welcoming me.

I have a 1st Cousin that retired up there. She's keeping me up to date on the "situation." Her parents (my Aunt/Uncle that brought me to the Vineyard initially) are buried there. I have family that owns property up there. But I don't think I'll be going back. I guess it's kinda like one of those "You can't go home again" things. I remember what the Vineyard was like growing up as a kid of 6-7. I evolved with it. But I grew disillusioned with the Island's evolution.

Crazy how quickly things change. I've seen a lot in a short period but I've also heard plenty of stories. I will share this info with my old man, he'll love it. They used to bring rifles and shotguns to school for show and tell.

Crazy how quickly things change. I've seen a lot in a short period but I've also heard plenty of stories. I will share this info with my old man, he'll love it. They used to bring rifles and shotguns to school for show and tell.

Funny you mention that. In the 1st through 4th grades (late 60's), our elementary school participated in the "gift box" drive sponsored by the Red Cross. Each student would be given one of these boxes with Red Cross insignia, and then be responsible for filling it with emergency supplies (toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, soap, etc. etc.), plus a few toys for a poor kid to play with. You brought them back to the school, where they'd be collected (and, as I discovered later, "vetted"). I think they were targeting poor kids in foreign countries, because some of the "toys" were rejected by the "vetters." One kid brought in a small golden cap pistol (derringer sized), and it was rejected so as not to "frighten" the intended recipient or signal "evil" intent. 'Matter of fact, I had supplied a couple of small toy airplanes. But because they had Military insignia on them (eg. WW II fighters/bombers(P-38, P-40), they were also rejected. Ah well.

Funny you mention that. In the 1st through 4th grades (late 60's), our elementary school participated in the "gift box" drive sponsored by the Red Cross. Each student would be given one of these boxes with Red Cross insignia, and then be responsible for filling it with emergency supplies (toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, soap, etc. etc.), plus a few toys for a poor kid to play with. You brought them back to the school, where they'd be collected (and, as I discovered later, "vetted"). I think they were targeting poor kids in foreign countries, because some of the "toys" were rejected by the "vetters." One kid brought in a small golden cap pistol (derringer sized), and it was rejected so as not to "frighten" the intended recipient or signal "evil" intent. 'Matter of fact, I had supplied a couple of small toy airplanes. But because they had Military insignia on them (eg. WW II fighters/bombers(P-38, P-40), they were also rejected. Ah well.
That’s really interesting. Those would’ve been great things to receive in my opinion 🤣