• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member here

Cowboy605

If you learn self control, you can master anything
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2021
Black Hills, SD
Shooter from western South Dakota here. Gun enthusiast and work in the ammunition industry. Looking to learn about precision and get my feet wet in long range shooting. I have a multitude of professional marksman as well as competitors in my area, but understand the benefit of different point of views from different areas of experience.

Purchased a Bergara B14 HMR 20” in .308 to start out. As recommended by a former Marine Corp sniper, I also have some Steiner T-series Extra High 30mm rings on the way (why he recommended those rings specifically, I’m not sure). Planning on purchasing a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 in the near future. Am also shopping around for a rugged and durable 20 moa base, as I plan for this to be a “hard use” entry rifle. By that I mean that I shoot in mountainous terrain where the rifle may see rough conditions from time to time.

Hope this is close to how these introduction posts are supposed to go.

As a fellow noob. Welcome sir and your post is spot-on. I just wander, what you mean by "hard use"....?

If you're like me, that means the rifle needs to be able to get beat to shit without losing zero... bumped, scuffed, and affectionately not treated like the raw egg that it should be so that it doesn't lose zero.

Good work on getting that solid kit. I'm sure it'll serve you well.

Anyway, welcome from a brother From WV.

Reactions: Cowboy605
Thank you. And yes, by “hard use” I meant take a beating. I don’t mistreat my firearms, but I use them and train with them. As a result, they get some tough love. And yes, the desired outcome is to maintain zero and reliability.

Reactions: tecton454