• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New member in Northern Virginia

Doc_Lane

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2013
Northern Virginia
Hello all! I just joined, so I might as well introduce myself. I am pretty new to long range shooting, though not so new to firearms in general. I belong to several other gun forums, and most of my experience has been with older military firearms. Living in northern Virginia over the past couple of years, my long range shooting options are quite limited. I have easy access to handgun ranges, but would like to learn about options for long range shooting in this area. I know that Quantico has a shooting club and I may take a look at that.

I was spoiled several years ago living in southern Mississippi and having access to a nice 1,000 yard range. Unfortunately, I didn't have the hardware to enjoy the long part of the range and was content to shoot my carbines at 100-400 yard targets.

Anyway, I look forward to perusing this site for more information about rifles and gear. Thanks!

Hey I'm from NOVA too but we don't have any 1000 yard ranges except if you want to go to WV, AFAIK Quantico doesn't allow anyone onto the range at this time but I could be wrong.

Welcome to the Hide. I don't know how far north you are in Virginia, but if you're close to the WV line...Check out Peacemaker for a range.