• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member Looking for help on an estate sale

trevormcfar

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I hope I am in the right area to get some information to help a family friend where her husband passed away and she is left to sell his firearm collection. We are from Canada, and some of the guns are now prohibited & as such, the government will eventually buy them back. Some are restricted (ie: hand guns) and others are simply non restricted hunting rifles & more. By the looks of the items, many are collectibles, rare and hard to find by some early research I have done. By chance, can anyone here help in our quest to:

1) Provide Values (even approximate is fine) - or direct us to where we can have these appraised.
2) Gun identification - Year Manufactured and a history of the gun itself. I assume I can just google the manufacturer and with the serial number I may be able to find most of this with time... Just curious if there is someone here that is a huge gun collector and knows what they are talking about as we really have no clue.

Some examples of what we have are: Galil's 329S & SNR & 710S, Norinco 84S1 & 2, Webley & Scott Mark VI Service Revolver (1917 Stamped), and more...

Even if we can have some guidance of where to get more information would be helpful.

Thank you in Advance.

Trevor.

There is a blue book for firearms you can subscribe to. Some swear by it, others say it is low, others high. The gun market fluctuates quite a bit but should get you in reason. For the more common items you could try looking to see what they are bringing on gunbroker or other auction sites. You may not have too much luck googling SN's but you could contact the manufacturer and give them the SN to get an accurate model and date. I've done this with a few firearms to confirm I'm buying what being advertised.

That would be a start, but others can chime in more.

If it's a large collection, it may be worth talking to one of the larger consignment auction houses that specialize in firearms. Of course they get a nice cut, but they do make it simple for a widow with a large collection. It's even possible they can import some firearms to locations where they wouldn't be restricted. A quick Google search would find these auctioneers. This is one.

Hi Everyone,

I hope I am in the right area to get some information to help a family friend where her husband passed away and she is left to sell his firearm collection. We are from Canada, and some of the guns are now prohibited & as such, the government will eventually buy them back. Some are restricted (ie: hand guns) and others are simply non restricted hunting rifles & more. By the looks of the items, many are collectibles, rare and hard to find by some early research I have done. By chance, can anyone here help in our quest to:

1) Provide Values (even approximate is fine) - or direct us to where we can have these appraised.
2) Gun identification - Year Manufactured and a history of the gun itself. I assume I can just google the manufacturer and with the serial number I may be able to find most of this with time... Just curious if there is someone here that is a huge gun collector and knows what they are talking about as we really have no clue.

Some examples of what we have are: Galil's 329S & SNR & 710S, Norinco 84S1 & 2, Webley & Scott Mark VI Service Revolver (1917 Stamped), and more...

Even if we can have some guidance of where to get more information would be helpful.

Thank you in Advance.

Trevor.
Thank you guys for the information... Going to take some time this weekend to go through it all...
Trev.