• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member, looking for Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless

Brett_B

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2009
Ohio
Hello all,

I'm a new member here, and after a bit of research I have decided to go with the Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless in .308 for a good starter setup.

I haven't had much luck finding one online or at the gun stores near me. Plenty of the T3 Lite in stainless, and a few varmints in blued finish, but no varmint in stainless. Any suggestions of where to purchase one? Can it be ordered directly through Beretta, and if so how long is the wait?

I am interested in great out of the box accuracy and don't plan to do many mods or have it spend any time at the gunsmith if I can help it. This rifle would be used for varmint hunting and target shooting out to 300 yards. Any other issues I should look out for with this brand/model?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to posting pics and a range report of my new setup when I track it down.
cool.gif

Re: New member, looking for Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless

Brett B.

I can tell you what Beretta told me about a year and a half ago:

"No Varmint Stainless are being Imported by Beretta into the US at this time"

Perhaps things have changed since then, so call and ask. I was searching for a Varmint Stainless in 260 REM (1-8 twist BTW).

It was available elsewhere but not here in the US. That's Beretta for you....

I just ordered a new DTA SRS and if it shoots like I think it will, then I'll have a T3 Tac for sale in 308. I know it isn't a varmit or stainless, but it is a shooter. Easily under .5 moa. Good luck on your search. Great gun out of the box.

The store I work at is a full line Beretta dealer, we can't get one. None are being brought in which kinda chaps my butt. They actually make that rifle in 6.5x55. I would LOVE to have that rifle. Oh well maybe someday.
Patrick

Take a gander at what Tikka does make in the Heavy Barrel Varmint Stainless, that are NOT imported into the USA:

T3 Varmint Stainless
TECHNICAL DATA
Action caliber rate of twist
204 Ruger 12"
222 Rem 14"
223 Rem 8"
223 Rem 12"
22-250 Rem 14"
243 Win 10"
260 Rem 8"
7mm-08 Rem 9.5"
308 Win 11"
25-06 Rem 10"
6.5x55 SE 8"
270 Win 10"
30-06 Sprg 11"
9.3x62 14"
7 mm Rem Mag 9.5"
300 Win Mag 11"
338 Win Mag 10"
270 Win Short Mag 10”
300 Win Short Mag 11”

The 1-8" 223 and the 1-8" 260 plus 1-11" 308 in 23 2/4" and 20" barrel lengths would sell well here. Beretta is clueless...

Thanks all for the informative responses. I will call Beretta and see if things have changed recently, but it's not looking good...

I guess I will have to broaden my search options a bit. That's disappointing because the varmint in stainless (in any caliber) seems like it should be a real good seller here in the states.

For those who have the T3 Lite in .308, how manageable is the recoil with a Limbsaver pad? I am moderately recoil sensitive due to a separated shoulder, so in addition to the nicer barrel I was hoping the heavier varmint would smooth it out a bit. I know felt recoil is always subjective, and I would be willing to go with the T3 Lite in stainless if I wouldn't end up hating to take it to the range.

I have shot my buddies Ruger 77 All-Weather in .243 Win quite a bit and it is no problem. It is a 7 lb rifle so I figured the 8 lb T3 Varmint in .308 would feel about the same. The 6 lb T3 Lite however seems like it would be a bit sharp. I guess the real question is, how much of a difference does a Limbsaver really make?

I have also shot his Ruger 77 Alaskan (8 lbs) in .375 Ruger a few times, I can only take a couple shots from that guy before I don't want to play anymore...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a new DTA SRS and if it shoots like I think it will, then I'll have a T3 Tac for sale in 308. I know it isn't a varmit or stainless, but it is a shooter. Easily under .5 moa. Good luck on your search. Great gun out of the box. </div></div>

Addicted, I am very interested to hear more about the T3 Tactical that you may be selling. Please shoot me an email or PM with some details when you get the chance.

Are there any Tikka importers other than Beretta?

I called Beretta yesterday to inquire about the T3 Varmint in Stainless. As others said they are not longer importing them. The guy on the phone said they were just not selling, which seems strange since it appears they were in high demand around here.

Is Beretta the only US importer for Tikka?