• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Member / New Rifle Build

MaineMan308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Oklahoma
Hey, I'm new to the form and I thought I should post a pic of my new rifle I just put together. I'm currently a college student on a internship at Remington Arms in Ilion NY. I tried making a sniper rifle and this is what I came up with that wasn't out of my price range. So far I've gotten a 0.55 inch group at 200 yards.

img0415u.jpg

img0414iz.jpg

img0435s.jpg

Re: New Member / New Rifle Build

camoman, sniper rifles are used by snipers....tactical rifles are used by all....just sayin....

I used the rings that came with the scope and it has a 35mm tube. I looked online and didn't really find many other rings that would sit any lower for such a big main tube. But the eye relief and everything seem to be good for me

I posted a pic of the 3 shot group above. I measured the group from the centers on the holes not the outer edges. Not sure how I was supposed to measure it. Some people say outsides others centers.

Congrats and well come to the hide.

scott

welcome to the hide, you should hook a fellow New Yorker up with an action or two
wink.gif

I'd look into getting some lower rings so you'll be able to get a more solid cheek weld, also really should be a 5 to 10 shot groups not three.

Overall though, I'd say you're off to a good start and keep up the good work.

Welcome to SH bro enjoy your time here!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the rings that came with the scope and it has a 35mm tube. I looked online and didn't really find many other rings that would sit any lower for such a big main tube. But the eye relief and everything seem to be good for me</div></div>

You obviously didn't look at Seekins Precision, TPS or IOR. That scope is WAY too high unless you have a face shaped like McDonald's Moon Man
wink.gif

100_0210.jpg

The Millet LRS has a 35mm tube and that's what that scope looks like.

that is a millett setup with the rings they supply, I had the same issue still looking for a set of rings but its ridiculous how high that thing sets and its the only set millett has available

Thanks for the rings info. I'd like getting lower sitting rings but I think I'm all set for a little while (save some money). I'm going to work on 5 shot groups more. The three shot group I posted was my second set for shotting at 200 yrds. I'm just starting out and everything. Yes, my scope is a Millet LRS Illuminated. I love it so far and dont seem to have any problems with it.

Nice to have you here, its always great to have more people getting in to shooting sports, we are a dying breed...shitty.

get going, shoot a lot, and read up around here, in between the trash talk and funny jokes there is a TON of good info here for even the most experienced shooters and professional snipers. I have learned tons from these guys, to advance my career, and my general shooting knowledge.

Use all the resources you can while you're at Remmy, that's a hell of an internship a lot of folks would do anything for.

C_K

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Camoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the rings that came with the scope and it has a 35mm tube. I looked online and didn't really find many other rings that would sit any lower for such a big main tube. But the eye relief and everything seem to be good for me</div></div>

You obviously didn't look at Seekins Precision, TPS or IOR. That scope is WAY too high unless you have a face shaped like McDonald's Moon Man
wink.gif

100_0210.jpg
</div></div>

Wait, wait, wait....... McDonald's has a moon man???

I prefer Mayor McCheese.