• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member, new rifle..

jsanderson

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2009
Jasper, Alabama
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, I just purchased a Rem. Model 700, .308, SPS, 26"barrel, OD green beavertail stock. And of course a couple of pictures.

102_7730.jpg

102_7731.jpg

102_7732.jpg

And a picture with a few of my other guns.. And if you notice my AR has the handle on backwards a buddy did that, and I just never noticed it until I took the picture today.

102_7729.jpg

Re: New member, new rifle..

Welcome Jeremy. Nice toys. What part of AL are you located?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USFCLASSTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Son, do you have a dremel? </div></div>

Yeah I have a dremel. Why?

I'm from Jasper. About 30 min from bham.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check your PM from me.....SmokeRolls </div></div>

Reply sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeremyfS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I just purchased a Rem. Model 700, .308, SPS, 26"barrel, OD green beavertail stock. And of course a couple of pictures.

102_7730.jpg

102_7731.jpg

102_7732.jpg

And a picture with a few of my other guns.. And if you notice my AR has the handle on backwards a buddy did that, and I just never noticed it until I took the picture today.

102_7729.jpg
</div></div>

welcome JeremyfS, on the last picture how accurate can you shoot that ar like that?.......
grin.gif
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeremyfS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I just purchased a Rem. Model 700, .308, SPS, 26"barrel, OD green beavertail stock. And of course a couple of pictures.

102_7730.jpg

102_7731.jpg

102_7732.jpg

102_7729.jpg
</div></div>

welcome JeremyfS, on the last picture how accurate can you shoot that ar like that?.......
grin.gif
crazy.gif
</div></div>

I haven't tried to shoot it since my buddy changed the handle on me, its probably been since sept. since I have shot it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeremyfS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeremyfS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I just purchased a Rem. Model 700, .308, SPS, 26"barrel, OD green beavertail stock. And of course a couple of pictures.

102_7730.jpg

102_7731.jpg

102_7732.jpg

102_7729.jpg
</div></div>

grin.gif
crazy.gif
</div></div>

I haven't tried to shoot it since my buddy changed the handle on me, its probably been since sept. since I have shot it.
grin.gif
</div></div>

That's pretty funny..... You need to shoot that thing a bit more!

I dremeled the stock all in front to reciever so it would free float the barrel.

Now .4-.5 MOA

i thnk they are refering to the sight on that AR..I bet that thing shoots like S(*T with the rear sight on backwards..

you guys are crazy! I knew I would get hammered and was even told I would, buts its all gravy! I knew the sight was backwards when I posted the pic, just didn't have the urge to switch it and take another pic! anyways its all good! what kind of scope do you guys recommend/prefer?

For the AR? I am using an IOR M2 w/Druganov reticle BDC'd for 62 grainers on my 20" Bushmaster XM15 E2S....... Love it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JeremyfS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys are crazy! I knew I would get hammered and was even told I would, buts its all gravy! I knew the sight was backwards when I posted the pic, just didn't have the urge to switch it and take another pic! anyways its all good! <span style="font-weight: bold">what kind of scope do you guys recommend/prefer?</span> </div></div>

Scope recommended on the AR or the bolt gun? On the AR:if wanting close up shooting ( within 200 yard )I would recommend an Eotech in a AA battery or 123 battery configuration. If wanting a little magnification, I would recommend a luepold Mark 4
1.5 X 5, 30mm tacticle scope. Since that is a carbine, it is made for close up shots, match it with a scope that will make it shine. I would not recommend a 3x9x 40 unless target / bench shooting is all you will do. To much magnification will reduce field of view. If wanting to get a more expensive scope then Night Force or USO make similar configurations but cost is increased. On the Bolt: depending on distance you plan to shoot, It could be a Luepold 3x9x40 T LR or a 4.5X14X40 or 50 mm objective, once again you could get a more expensive version but many people including myself have a plethora of Luepy's and are very satisfied with them and they hold very true and only increase in value as well as the higher priced optics. Any higher quality optics Luepy,Night Force, USO, S&B,Premier only increase in value, you could buy one this year and treat it like gold and in 5 years sell it for more money than you have in it as long as it's in great shape...Happy shooting....SmokeRolls

call me a goofy, but I really want a badger ordnance tactical bolt knob, what do I have to do to my rifle? Do I have to send to Gap? Gah, I should have never bought this gun, my wife is going to kill me when I start modifying it.

Nevermind, I just send the bolt..

Oh and the scope question was for the new rifle. And thanks for the info!

If you have a local gunsmith that has the equipment they could do it for ya....

It's an addictive sport, one my wife does not understand. We are men (some are not). We sit around the campfire thinking on how we could make our spear a more efficient hunting weapon...It's in our nature........Pace yourself.....Most things will work just fine, just shoot more and practice more...And listen to great people ( not me)...Have fun and keep your wife happy as well...SmokeRolls

Thank Bill. I use genuine Badger knobs. I appreciate your business.