• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member, new rifle

upstate1985

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2014
Greetings,

New member here. I purchased a Tikka CTR SS in .308 recently and currently working on getting it set up. I got a quality sling, additional mags, and I am starting to buy up some ammo to see what it likes. I am waiting for a "MARK 5HD 3.6-18X44 M5C3 FFP PR1-MIL" to come back into stock, at which point I will grab that and a set of Hawkins Ultralight rings.

The purpose of this rifle is a little different. I wanted a rifle that fit the following criteria...

1. Light and short enough that it can be used as a back up or just for fun hunting rifle. I hunt bear, deer, elk, antelope, and cougar.
2. Something I could, if I felt like it, maybe take to a class or a competition.
3. Something that was easy, pleasurable, and does not break the bank to shoot, hence .308.
4. Something that does not terrify the neighbors, I already have those.
4. Obviously also when the zombies happen, only kidding (sort of), that I could put into a "tacticool" role.

Very much looking forward to meeting some folks. The PRS, long range, and hunting crowd is a bit more my style than some of the other categories of guns/shooting.

Reactions: CSTactical
welcome from Delaware Id save all your brass even if you don't reload now you might in The Future ....

Reactions: upstate1985