• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member, New to sniping NEED HELP

chardy04

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2009
Houston, TX
OK so ive shot with my dad since i was 5(now 23), i started with a 30 carbine and worked my way up... we have always reloaded our bullets for accuracy, but now 300 yards is easy and i want to build our rifles up and learn allot about how to be a bad @$$ sniper and have the pride of making my own rifle that we hunt with and hopefully soon i can start competeing with...

3 rifles i wanna modify:
25-06 Remington 700 sendero (bull stock, recoil pad and bull barrel)
7Mag Weatherby Mark V accumark (muzzle break, recoil pad)
300 Ulra Mag Remington 700 (muzzle break, and recoil pad)

Re: New Member, New to sniping NEED HELP

oh boy. This place is starting to remind me of barfcom lately. I swear these posts are made as a joke or something.

Instead of flaming the crap out of you... I'll change the pace a bit.

Go here:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11&page=1

Subscribe to that forum... and read EVERYTHING. Then read the rest of the forum.

Do that for about a year. Then post again if you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orkan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh boy. This place is starting to remind me of barfcom lately. I swear these posts are made as a joke or something.

Instead of flaming the crap out of you... I'll change the pace a bit.

Go here:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=11&page=1

Subscribe to that forum... and read EVERYTHING. Then read the rest of the forum.

Do that for about a year. Then post again if you like.</div></div>

I'll second that,

Cody King,

If I were you, I would put my city and state in my profile. That is a must. FORUM RULES! Secondly, I would change that title that you started. Not a good idea for a 1st post. And third, the 3 rifles you listed above, I would stick to hunting.

Start with a NEW rifle, remington 700 sps or something similiar, as a dedicated "sniper" rifle. add a scope, go from there.

the rifles you mentioned are all nice 'hunting" rifles. Its best to keep them that way.

Go on the internet, read a lot, decide for yourself.

Youll get flamed here really bad, (it will be entertaining though) with post like that.

Welcome to the hide.

Dude, edit your post, quickly!

You are not, nor will you become a sniper.

You can own the equipment, but unless you ever have the first stage taken up with a human in your reticle, you are not a sniper.

This is a very knowledgable group and will be happy to help. But this is the EXACT wrong way to come in here asking for help.

There are a lot of working Snipers on here, risking and taking lives, we owe it to them to be respectful of the title.

Understand?

Cody,

You are not "new to sniping". You are not a sniper.

You are either a troll or ignorant. Either way, you're goal to be a "bad ass sniper" will not start here. It needs to start in one of the branches of the military.

There is ample reading here and on other sites. If you start reading and asking intelligent questions, you may have decent luck in obtaining your goals-except that of being a "bad ass sniper". But the first item of business that you need to learn is to drop the word "sniping" from your vocabulary until Uncle Sam is paying your paycheck.

Welcome to the hide and good luck with your search.