• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New member, room for another?

cfwii1979

Force Recon
Minuteman
Hey yall, names Clyde. Been shooting since I was 12, I'm 43. Was bit by the trap bug for a bit, took a few state Champs as a sub junior n set some doubles records. Club elders started hating cuz I wouldn't take dives so they could nab purses. My mentor said fuck em so I tore em up. What can I say. Folks got divorced n trap fell by the way side. Managed a few military rifle Champs at Holbrook sportsman's club in mass then just broke off for good until about 3 years ago when I saw an ad for sdi.edu. Banged out an associates there n made some nice plans for my 40 acres in NH. Transferred right into Columbia southern for a bachelor's in Crim. Justice: administration. I'm currently in the midst of that and really looking to get into the long range game. So I'll be doing allot of lurking and reading, maybe a post or two but I'm a noob so prob not much.
Lotsa knowledge about handguns tho and I build custom 1911s and do general gunsmithery. That a word? Should be.
Anyway nice to meet yall. C ya around! Any tips on where to start or "must reads" etc I'd be grateful. Later!

Reactions: DustBun
Oh hey forgot to mention my gear...
Got a Remington 700sps tac I won in a contest with either a 20 or 22 inch barrel. Doesn't matter much as it won't last long.

This week I'm putting a Magpul hunter on it, 10 round clip and all metal mag well n trigger guard replacement. Witt's custom threaded muzzle brake. Trigger Tech Rem 700 Special, flat black Trigger RH W/ Bolt Release 1.0-3.5 Lbs adj. Got a good deal on a Bushnell collimator bore sight to so I grabbed that as well. As a gunsmith I also have a tipton elite vice and a wheeler pro level kit along with 4 magnetic basic levels. Never enough right.. few shooting bags. Figure I need a prone pad to shoot from and a good bipod of anyone recommends one.

Oh that's right, got a strike eagle 5-25x56 ffp ebr 7c moa. Merry Christmas to me.
Vortex pro series 4 screw rings. Finally a low pro bubble cant ring. Used my military discount n got it off govx before they sold out for a steal at 539$

Also got a rock crusher Supreme Master loading setup with 308 dies. Got a great price on it so I picked it up. I did a shit ton of shot shell loading in my trap days and I know it's nothing like rifle but hopefully it's better than no experience.

Can't wait to get after it.
Would really be grateful for any advice on what else is a must have for a beginner. I've got a few reloading manuals and all my sdi.edu pdf text book files for ballistics and loading.

Last edited:
Welcome.

Before you put that Magpul Hunter on, take a look at the KRG Bravo line of stocks.

Hey Marshal, thanks for the reply. I like the looks of that stock. Definitely a contender. However i already purchased the hunter and at the 150ish price im going to stick with it for now. I am def going to grab some other goodies on that site you posted tho!

Welcome from Tampa Bay, FL.

Wareham, Mass, you say? I actually know it. My extended family (living mostly in the NJ/NY area, as did I for most of my life) are "naturalized" Martha's Vineyarders. Of course we'd travel from NJ/NY to Woods Hole, via Wareham. And I remember doing it before Rt. 25 had been constructed. We'd have to travel all the way from I-95 to Rt 44 (Taunton) and then Rt. 28 to Rt. 6 to Buzzard's Bay. Eventually, we chagned to I-195 to Wareham. And we'd have to go through that section of Wareham and Bourne where all the merchants were located that bogged down traffic to a screeching halt. It was Hell if you were trying to catch a ferry. I also remember when Rt. 25 was opened up and all the merchants were Kvetching about it due to the eventual lost business, as a result. I even remember the "Praise the Lord" Mobil Gas station as you entered Rt. 28 from I-195 in Wareham. And, actress Geena Davis is from Wareham. :D

If you're interested, this guy did a 4K video of his travel along Rt. 25 (I think when it begins, he is already in Bourne just before crossing Rt. 6 and going on the Bourne Bridge). It then travels all the way to the Woods Hole Ferry Landing. I've done that trip many many times.

By the way, the videographer screws up the name of the vessel. It's not Island Queen. It's Island Home.

Last edited: