• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

stel67

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2012
LaRue Bashing

Wow I started a thread on a new gun I got (OBR) and it got totally off topic.

I am not attempting to sell the rifle. If I wanted to sell it, it would be on gun trader not on here. Yes I did just join. At one time you just joined as well. I joined because I got this rifle and this is the best site I have found for information on this gun as well as the type of shooting one would do with this type rifle. I have been lurking on this site for years but never owned a rifle I felt fit, for lack of a better word. I did not intent to start up any controversy or worry about the ATF. I named the thread what I did due to the other posts I have seen, it was a joke. I really could care less what others think of the OBR. If it is not your cup of tea so be it. I only have the gun because I got a great deal on it, I would not have paid MSRP for this gun, not that it is not worth it I just would not have. Most members on here seem pretty nice and very helpful. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from others and hopefully am able to contribute to others as well.

Re: New member

Must've took a turn for the worst after I looked at it. That'll happen sometimes, not just on here but anywhere you have lots of personalities coming together, more so with anonymity. Nice rifle, good luck with it, welcome to the 'hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LaRue Bashing

Wow I started a thread on a new gun I got (OBR) and it got totally off topic.

I am not attempting to sell the rifle. If I wanted to sell it, it would be on gun trader not on here. Yes I did just join. At one time you just joined as well. I joined because I got this rifle and this is the best site I have found for information on this gun as well as the type of shooting one would do with this type rifle. I have been lurking on this site for years but never owned a rifle I felt fit, for lack of a better word. I did not intent to start up any controversy or worry about the ATF. I named the thread what I did due to the other posts I have seen, it was a joke. I really could care less what others think of the OBR. If it is not your cup of tea so be it. I only have the gun because I got a great deal on it, I would not have paid MSRP for this gun, not that it is not worth it I just would not have. Most members on here seem pretty nice and very helpful. I look forward to gaining more knowledge from others and hopefully am able to contribute to others as well.
</div></div>
Don't worry about. A lot of people on this board do that kind of shit on a regular basis and you'll learn who they are. I read your post and I did not see anything wrong with what you wrote yet somehow several people took it in a different direction. The ones who actually have knowledge and offer something valuable don't do that shit, like I said you'll learn who they are.

Oh ya was no big deal, I just did not have a chance to reply before it got deleted. Should have the scope for it by next weekend and then get it out in the field.

Lots of folks here still like to pick on the new guy. Best advice to you is to browse a bit and get used to some of the members before you toss you .02 out there. It can get ugly in a hurry LOL

This is a forum guys.... There is no chain of command, no pecking order and no right or wrong opinions.

There is a number knowledgable individuals on this site (both military/LEO and civilian) that are here to offer feedback. Many basic question can be answered using the search function....these question have been beaten to death.

Enjoy (as I have over these few years) and don't get to worked up over the bullshit.... It's the Internet (take it for what its worth).

P.s the OBR is a fine semi that has proven itself as a reliable/accurate platform. Go shoot it.

i was looking at the obr, and the lwrc repr, but because i have no patience got the 20" repr, when larue said there was a 4 month backlog, that sealed my decision, but from what i`ve read, and thats been alot, the obr is a light tacdriver, i`m sure you won`t be disappointed in your purchase, good luck, and welcome

The more I read the more excited I am getting to get this all set up. Here is a pic, looks just like all the rest
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I read the more excited I am getting to get this all set up. Here is a pic, looks just like all the rest
smile.gif

</div></div> Thats a fine looking rifle. Even as a gap-10 fan boy and proud owner I'd gladly tell the guys on here I'd love to purchase a larue OBR. Great purchase, on a very nice rifle. Keep us posted on a range report.

My buddy shoots his OBR next to my bolt gun on the prairie dog field and just tears the phuckaroo out of them as well as my rig, so let them moan about which testicle hangs lower.

You have a beautiful and top notch weapon. Do not listen and or worry about what other peolple think. If I did not get a JP lrp-07 I would have gotten a Larue Tactical OBR hands down. The problem here is that it is mainly a GAP-10 forum with GAP-10 owners. A lot of people will make remarks just because you do not own a GAP-10 rifle. Now don"t get me wrong Gap rifles are top notch too but it is all preference. Just enjoy and shoot the hell out of it.

Shoot often and shoot straight, & welcome to the Hide. Nice.

I like bolt actions myself, but the more I see the semi's the more I know I'll eventually go there myself.

Stel
welcome! I'm a relatively new member too and when I made one of my first few post I had to deal with the same shit. I was looking for some advice and most people were very helpful. Unfortunately some of the other individuals and their comments where more down talk instead of help. Either way do your thing, read, learn and enjoy. Now get some glass on that stick and hit the field.

Regards,
PatMan

Nice looking gun Stel. I have been lurking around here for about 5 months and have been impressed with the info and help you can get here. There are bound to be a few asshats anywhere you go on the internet, but the knowledge base here is definitely worth a little bs. I have noticed some of the senior members calling off the pile-ons here lately which is a good thing IMO.
Try out the online training, been enjoying the shit out of it myself, and Mail Call Monday videos from LoneWolfUSMC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornholeo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mail Call Monday videos from LoneWolfUSMC. </div></div>

Please post a link to the sign-up page for this.

Thanks!