• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cman457

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2022
Adamsville , 38310, US
Hello everyone, my name is Cody and I'm very new at sniperhide and not very familiar with navigating around, but slowly learning it.. I have recently got interested in shooting rimfire matches and nrl22, I have a cz457 in a krg bravo chassis with 16.5" non mtr barrel. And athalon midas tac scope.. i replaced the barrel to a 20.5 lothar walther barrel. Seems to be a lot more accurate but made the jump to order a rimx action and i don't know anything about them hardly, so i need info on getting a barrel for it. I appreciate any and all help or advice

Attachments

• received_496450345260872.jpeg
    received_496450345260872.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 71
  • received_3145949545638626.jpeg
    received_3145949545638626.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 70
Nice setup and shooting. I'm basically in the same boat. Bought a 457 vpc MTR and have been shooting it since last fall. Going to run it at some NRL22 this year but I keep eyeballing the RimX. The 457 shoots great and I've got a long way to go before any of my equipment is holding me back but Im getting the itch to build my own...

Nice setup and shooting. I'm basically in the same boat. Bought a 457 vpc MTR and have been shooting it since last fall. Going to run it at some NRL22 this year but I keep eyeballing the RimX. The 457 shoots great and I've got a long way to go before any of my equipment is holding me back but Im getting the itch to build my own...
I love my cz's I have 3 and they all shoot phenomenal, but after 250 yards the vudoo and rimx blow me away. I figured with everything going up id just get one before they end up going up even more.
I just ordered a rimx this week from bison tactical, hopefully it will shoot .. lol

I love my cz's I have 3 and they all shoot phenomenal, but after 250 yards the vudoo and rimx blow me away. I figured with everything going up id just get one before they end up going up even more.

I just ordered a rimx this week from bison tactical, hopefully it will shoot .. lol
Cool. So, is the recommendation to get one pre-built or can you build one yourself without too much trouble. I know there are a lot of options for pre-fit barrels.

...and shoot!
Lol yea i try to as much as the weather and ammo supplies will let me.. shot a few hundred rds this weekend. The cz457 shoots great but im just not liking the tightness and forces needed in cycling.. I also got to shoot a vudoo and a bagara this weekend and I really liked the bagara, but it was in a mdt acc

Cool. So, is the recommendation to get one pre-built or can you build one yourself without too much trouble. I know there are a lot of options for pre-fit barrels.
I ordered a prefit bartlein due to the discount you receive if yoy buy both from bison tactical.. I also gotta say bison has been really good with. Customer service and support throughout the whole process.

Reactions: Glasshole
Lol yea i try to as much as the weather and ammo supplies will let me.. shot a few hundred rds this weekend. The cz457 shoots great but im just not liking the tightness and forces needed in cycling.. I also got to shoot a vudoo and a bagara this weekend and I really liked the bagara, but it was in a mdt acc
What ammo were you using?

I was using eley target, sk match and sk standard, rws match, and had a box of center x i tried as well.. the eley target is the most accurate out of all the ammo ive tried

Lapua/SK is supposed to have the thinest rim thickness of them...so I've heard (read in the interwebs).