• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bluejazz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
IOWA
Not sure what thread to post this in, but wanted to introduce myself.Not sure if introductions are the common practice here,but went ahead anyway.
This is my first post to Sniper's hide. Looking forward to learning from the members here on site. I have been shooting a rifle now for about 1 1/2 years,strictly bow and arrow before that, and have shot out to 750 yards to date. I know that this is a chip shot to most on this site, but my goal is to get proficient at longer distances. At present I am shooting a 7 STW, but have a couple of custom builds coming shortly. Self employed construction worker who enjoys learning about long range shooting. Thanks

Re: new member

Welcome to the Hide Bluejazz!. What other calibers do you have coming?

So you shot a bow out to 750 yards?? !!!!!!! Just kidding ya....Welcome to the hide !!!!! Bowhunters are good people, I'm one of them...Just not a good bowhunter....I guess I'm not patient enough, or I scratch too much..Can't sit still for that long apparently..... I would rather move all I want and shoot around 600 yards.....They don't know you are even there, or they don't care at that range.....Hahaha....SmokeRolls

The calibers I have coming are as follows:
338 Norma Mag
6.5x47 Lapua
Also have a wildcat coming, which I will post info on when I get it in hand.
One of the reasons I took up the rifle was due to lack of success with the bow on elk. I have chased those darn elk for years, and have not been able to connect. I have had some great hunts, with close calls, but at some point want to put some meat on the table. I still plan on hunting then with a bow, also. I got into reloading right away, and enjoy that aspect of shooting as well. There is satifaction in reloading and shooting accurate groups with your own ammo.
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Welcome to the Hide. I also used to bowhunt, but slowly started drifting away from it. I'd love the chance to hunt elk, but we don't really have those around here.