• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Member's Rig (pic)

kyshootnman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2012
Greensburg, KY
I have came by here frequently for the last few years to gain knowledge in the shooting world. I have been shooting rifles and such since a young age, but just in the past few years, have gotten more serious with my hobby. I'm sure I don't have much to contribute to the wealth of knowledge that is present here, but I enjoy reading and learning more everyday about the sport. I currently own a few decent rigs that I shoot out to 500 yards on my in-law's land. I reload and do all the fun stuff to go along with shooting. Attached in my recent build, a trued Rem 700 action chambered in 260 Rem, Krieger Barrel finished off at 24", with a HS stock I have modified to fit me better. I know my stuff isn't top notch as many here, but I went back to school to finish my engineering degree, so funds are limited at this time.

Sorry in advance for the crappy cell phone pics:
rana5k.jpg

Re: New Member

Good looking rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attached in my recent build, a trued Rem 700 action chambered in 260 Rem, Krieger Barrel finished off at 24", with a HS stock I have modified to fit me better.</div></div>

What did you modify? The grip looks different from the HSP stocks I've seen. Can you share some info on what you changed and how you went about it?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtnCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attached in my recent build, a trued Rem 700 action chambered in 260 Rem, Krieger Barrel finished off at 24", with a HS stock I have modified to fit me better.</div></div>

What did you modify? The grip looks different from the HSP stocks I've seen. Can you share some info on what you changed and how you went about it?

Thanks. </div></div>

I did modify the grip. I took JB Weld epoxy putty and molded the grip to be more vertical. It has held up well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IS that a countersniper??
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm not sure what you are referring to?... But the scope is just a Falcon Menace.

Looks real nice,let's see some holes.Lots of good people here on the hide.If you need help with something all you have to do is ask and some one will help.

I like that rifle. I am seeing a .260 build in my future as well.

Thanks for the compliments. I plan to shoot some groups when I get finals over with next week. Then it'll be time to send some rounds down range.