• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Meopta Tactical Scope

Pete E

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2004
North Wales, UK
I've not come across these scopes before, but Meopta is now offering two FFP Tactical type scopes with illuminated Mil dot reticles

The first is the ZD 3-12x50 on a 30mm tube...This however is listed as having 1/6 MOA turrets...I'm hoping thats a miss print as surely nobody dumb?

http://www.marchwooduk.co.uk/products_854_2_Meopta-3-12x50-ZD-Riflescope.html

The second is a ZD 3-12x56mm which has a similar spec to the scope above but has "1cm/100m" turrets

http://www.marchwooduk.co.uk/products_856_2_Meopta-3-12x56-ZD-Riflescope.html

In the UK, these scopes seem to be priced about the same as IOR...

If anybody can verify what the click values are on the ZD3-12x50mm, I'd be very very interested to know...

Edited to add, it looks like there is also a ZD10x50 with "1cm/100m" turrets:

http://www.hubertshop.cz/optika/puskohledy/meopta/zd-10x50-s66204662

Re: New Meopta Tactical Scope

I think these guys make pretty good glass - I guess they offer MOA and Mil adjustments. They`re coming out with a new shortened version of their 1-4x K Dot which I`m probably going to get for tactical divison multi-gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think these guys make pretty good glass - I guess they offer MOA and Mil adjustments. They`re coming out with a new shortened version of their 1-4x K Dot which I`m probably going to get for tactical divison multi-gun. </div></div>

I have a couple of Meopta's already and the arevery good value for the money...the ZD3-12x56 is def Mil/Mil FFP...The ZD3-12x50 seems to be Mil/MOA and the also offer a ZD4-16x44mm which I think is Mil/MOA and SFP..

If anybody has a good contact at the Meopta importers, it might be worth having a chat as there are several other scopes in the ZD range, but I can't translate the specifications...

I love my R1 3x12x56 glass is great. I was under the impression that they were not importing to the US their tactical scopes.

Eye relief looks to be very short at 3" or less.
Is this the case Pete E?

MeOpta makes some really nice scopes. We have been selling them for sometime and I have been really happy with the quality they put out.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody has a good contact at the Meopta importers, it might be worth having a chat as there are several other scopes in the ZD range, but I can't translate the specifications... </div></div>

Here you can find pages with military scopes in English. You don't need translation:

http://www.meopta.com/en/riflescopes-sniperscopes-1404041986.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eye relief looks to be very short at 3" or less.
Is this the case Pete E? </div></div>

Their published eye relief does look a bit on the short side. That said I have one of their 4x32mm's on a CZ550 in 9.3x62mm, and despite my initial reservations about eye relief, in thereal world its been fine.

My CZ is the "American" model and the stock happens to fit me very well and I have that a well fitting stock is almost import as the eye relief of the scope when it comes to avoid getting "scope eye"..I should add I wear glasses too...

Meopta make fine scopes, their low light clarity is superb. The Meostar 4-16 x 44 tactical model is the one to stretch too, the only criticism I have is lack of vertical adjustment for shooting 1000 yds +

I actually bought mine in the US and had a friend bring it over with him. Alex at Euro Optics is a top bloke to deal with.

Euro Optics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete E</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think these guys make pretty good glass - I guess they offer MOA and Mil adjustments. They`re coming out with a new shortened version of their 1-4x K Dot which I`m probably going to get for tactical divison multi-gun. </div></div>

I have a couple of Meopta's already and the arevery good value for the money...the ZD3-12x56 is def Mil/Mil FFP...The ZD3-12x50 seems to be Mil/MOA and the also offer a ZD4-16x44mm which I think is Mil/MOA and SFP..

If anybody has a good contact at the Meopta importers, it might be worth having a chat as there are several other scopes in the ZD range, but I can't translate the specifications... </div></div>

The only downside is they are slow to deliver. The new K-Dot was meant to available in June, they now say it won't be at dealers until Jan 2011 - one year after they revealed it at the 2010 Shot Show! They missed out on a lot sales as a result as many multi-gunners opted for the 1-4x24 Accupoint.