• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Mexico Draw results for Oryx are up

257speed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Alb, New Mexico
Draw results came out today and I finally drew my once in a lifetime on Rhodes Canyon! Yahoo, now just gotta wait a year for the hunt hahahaha My son also drew a youth hunt on stallion range Will be eatin good this next year!

Re: New Mexico Draw results for Oryx are up

Congratulations! Here is a little something to help you pass the time until your glorious hunt!

OryxinNM.jpg

Don't kid yourself. That was taken about 10 miles east of HELSTF on Hwy 70. When we got within 20-15 yards they took off.

They are crazy animals, I have hunted them several times with others who drew. This will be the first time for myself. One of my friends described them well, they are like antelope, without the curiosity.

1st time applied--1st time draw!!
grin.gif

Once/lifetime for Red Canyon.

Now where's Red Canyon??
confused.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1st time applied--1st time draw!!
grin.gif

Once/lifetime for Red Canyon.

Now where's Red Canyon??
confused.gif
</div></div>

7 years putting in and have not drawn yet, you make me sick!

Congradulations

This makes my 15th consecutive year that I have not drawn. Seems like I just make a yearly 6 now 9 dollar donation to Game and Fish.

I know five people who drew first time they ever applied. Threatened to shoot the next one of them that rubs it in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofcrfs242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congradulations

This makes my 15th consecutive year that I have not drawn. Seems like I just make a yearly 6 now 9 dollar donation to Game and Fish.

I know five people who drew first time they ever applied. Threatened to shoot the next one of them that rubs it in.</div></div>

Hey if it's any consolation, I've yet to draw a "good" elk tag...

And I calculated the odds for all of the hunts, and the Red Canyon hunt had the best odds. So I put in for it...got lucky-I hope. I hear RC is a bitch to hunt. We'll see.

And have put in for Antelope for the past 13 yrs and NOTHING!!

I had no idea there wer oryx in NM. Cool. Is this a resident only draw? Oh yeah good luck!!

As of now the Oryx draw is not subject to the 22% non resdent quota although I heard that there is going to be a law suit filed against the state to include it. For now non resididents have no quota and if lucky enough can draw.

Good luck on the hunt should be a blast and some of the best meat I have ever eaten.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ofcrfs242</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know five people who drew first time they ever applied. Threatened to shoot the next one of them that rubs it in. </div></div>
+1!!!

My dad lives near T or C and tells me it's damn hard to get a draw tag unless you live out of state - they seem to cater to that (??)

Congrats!