• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mexico Governor Bans Open and Concealed Carry

UKDslayer

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 29, 2005
    Texas

In a controversial move, Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency in response to the shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6.

One of the most troubling aspects of this public health order is the temporary suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County effective immediately. This action directly infringes upon law-abiding citizens’ Constitutional right to bear arms. The Governor has carved out exceptions for licensed security guards and law enforcement officers.

“The action plan includes a suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County, temporarily prohibiting the carrying of guns on public property with certain exceptions. Exceptions include for licensed security guards and law enforcement officers. Citizens with permits to carry firearms are free to possess their weapons on private property (such as at a gun range or gun store), provided they transport the firearm in a locked box, use a trigger lock, or some other mechanism that renders the gun incapable of being fired,” according to the press release.

The public health order also directs:

• The Regulation and Licensing Division to conduct monthly inspections of licensed firearm dealers to ensure compliance with all sales and storage laws.
    • The Department of Health, along with the Environment Department, to begin wastewater testing for illegal substances such as fentanyl at schools.
    • The Department of Health to compile and issue a comprehensive report on gunshot victims presenting at hospitals in New Mexico, which shall include (if available): demographic data of gunshot victims, including age, gender, race, and ethnicity; data on gunshot victim’s healthcare outcomes; the brand and caliber of the firearm used; the general circumstances leading to the injury; the impact of gunshot victims on New Mexico’s healthcare system; and any other pertinent information.
    • A prohibition on firearms on state property, including state buildings and schools. This also includes other places of education where children gather, such as parks.
    • The State Police to add officers in Albuquerque with funding for overtime provided.
    • The Children, Youth and Families Department to immediately suspend the Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative and evaluate juvenile probation protocols.
    “As I said yesterday, the time for standard measures has passed,” said Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham in a statement. “And when New Mexicans are afraid to be in crowds, to take their kids to school, to leave a baseball game – when their very right to exist is threatened by the prospect of violence at every turn – something is very wrong.”

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference.

A reporter confronted Grisham on this ridiculous order.

Reporter: All the examples you cited are crimes. Kids shooting at other kids shooting from cars. So what’s the value of the civil order? Why not just do better law enforcement?
    Grisham: Both, the value of the order is that it gives me three things. One, it says it’s a statewide issue, and it’s a message to everyone to start leveraging your resources and arresting people. Two, the jurisdictions come at this, including with the DOJ restrictions differently without the leveraging and the additional resources, arresting. And where do they go? We got to make sure that everyone is bumping up their services. It’s a message to the Metropolitan Detention Center. It’s a message to the HMOs, you better figure out treatment. We have been sort of stalled out. To your point, this order basically says to stop stalling out. And to your point, just arrest everyone. Well, I also have to have the ability I can’t arrest everyone. There are literally too many people to arrest.
    Reporter: If someone’s got a concealed carry permit in Albuquerque walking down a public street, they’re not going to get arrested.
    Grisham: I can make the point that maybe they should be. And this is the point. I’m willing to do anything and everything within a shred of evidence based effort. Because if you’re not horrified that on any street corner in too many cities in New Mexico, there is someone with a gun sticking out of their waist or their belt. And I’ll tell you, if you’re a young person, you’re not allowed to have a handgun.
    Reporter: It’s a crime already.
    Grisham: I got it. But we won’t be able to arrest all of them. So imagine just in a perfect world, if this was upheld, it gives all of these police officers the ability to focus on the real criminals.
    Reporter: You took an oath to the Constitution. Isn’t it unconstitutional to say you cannot exercise your carry license?
    Grisham: With one exception, and that is if there’s an emergency, and I’ve declared an emergency for a temporary amount of time, I can invoke additional powers. No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute. There are restrictions on free speech. There are restrictions on my freedoms in this emergency. This eleven year old and all these parents who have lost all these children, they deserve my attention to have the debate about whether or not in an emergency, we can create a safer environment. Because what about their constitutional rights? I took an oath to uphold those, too. And if we ignore this growing problem without being bold, I’ve said to every other New Mexican, your rights are subrogated to theirs. And they are not in my view.
    Reporter: Wait a minute, you’re talking about crimes. There are already laws against the crime.
    Grisham: But again, if I’m unsafe, who’s standing up for that right? If this crime is so out of control, somebody should do something. I’m doing as much as I know to do.
    Trending: GET READY – THE TRUTH IS COMING! Lara Logan Releases FIRST TRAILER for Her New Series “The Rest of the Story” – Reveals The Truth Behind January 6 – Premieres Sept. 14 – MUST SEE TRAILER
    Reporter
    : Madam Governor, do you really think that criminals are going to hear this message and not carry a gun in Albuquerque on the streets for 30 days?
    Grisham: No.

Last edited:
    king-history.gif

If someone’s got a concealed carry permit in Albuquerque walking down a public street [...] "[...] they should be [arrested]."
    "...just arrest everyone."

Democrats want violence and chaos with no means for the law abiding to defend themselves, in hopes that the population will trade their freedoms to the government in exchange for “safety and security.”

This is where the 2A community has been making the wrong argument for decades. It was never about getting criminals to follow gun laws and reducing gun violence.

Take note that this is all under the guise of a “public health emergency.” Just like they did with COVID when they shit all over our rights. What are they going to do next in the name of public health? Throw us all in camps like the Nazis did to the Jews?

Pretty clearly a test case to see how far they can push it… The next step after the Covid restriction/right of free association, etc. infringement bullshit.

Heed Army Jerry’s advice…. I know I just did after reading this bullshit.
    You can just tell the Democrats in other states have been working with Mom's Disarm and others on this avenue to attack the right to bear arms by just saying "emergency". I have the feeling that if this isn't striken down in court quickly we are going to see this spread like cancer.

One of the reasons they have a significant cop shortage and no one to deal with their crime.
    Isn't New Mexico one of those purple states that also passed a law eliminating bail, "reforming" sentencing by lowering criminal sentencing and making police actions subject to personal liability?

Reactions: Milf Dots
    Yeah, maybe I’m just hyper-focused now, but it seems like the shit show is starting to accelerate.

Quickly.

I believe I’ve at least been paying attention, especially since I retired from AD back in ‘15, but holy crap have the last couple years been an eye opening experience! I don’t recognize the leadership in our government agencies anymore…not even the military. I served out of a sense of duty, and honest respect…pretty much all gone now.

Trying hard to turn that angst and negative energy into productive preparation, and supporting/mentoring those who fall into my sphere of influence, but man, it’s getting harder to keep a positive spin on the slide into something that looks like a cross between 1984 and Idiocracy…hopefully not The Road! LoL

IMG_4039.png

Democrats want violence and chaos with no means for the law abiding to defend themselves, in hopes that the population will trade their freedoms to the government in exchange for “safety and security.”

This is where the 2A community has been making the wrong argument for decades. It was never about getting criminals to follow gun laws and reducing gun violence.

Take note that this is all under the guise of a “public health emergency.” Just like they did with COVID when they shit all over our rights. What are they going to do next in the name of public health? Throw us all in camps like the Nazis did to the Jews?

clapping-vintage.gif

I will just add you said Democrats. You should add in most of the republicans who are also statist pieces of shit

Tea party was the last option for peaceable change

Jfk said “those who make peaceful Revolution impossible make violent Revolution inevitable “

Last edited:
    Well if the government says its an emergency that makes anything ok...

This is just a dress rehearsal for the Federal "health emergency" WRT firearms and self-defense. Agree 100% with poster above who says this is how the Uniparty/WEF/Criminal Conspiracy wants us and will illustrate by pointing you to what is going on in South Africa. Take away the guns and then turn the mob loose.

In a controversial move, Democrat Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency in response to the shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6.

One of the most troubling aspects of this public health order is the temporary suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County effective immediately. This action directly infringes upon law-abiding citizens’ Constitutional right to bear arms. The Governor has carved out exceptions for licensed security guards and law enforcement officers.

“The action plan includes a suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County, temporarily prohibiting the carrying of guns on public property with certain exceptions. Exceptions include for licensed security guards and law enforcement officers. Citizens with permits to carry firearms are free to possess their weapons on private property (such as at a gun range or gun store), provided they transport the firearm in a locked box, use a trigger lock, or some other mechanism that renders the gun incapable of being fired,” according to the press release.

The public health order also directs:

• The Regulation and Licensing Division to conduct monthly inspections of licensed firearm dealers to ensure compliance with all sales and storage laws.
    • The Department of Health, along with the Environment Department, to begin wastewater testing for illegal substances such as fentanyl at schools.
    • The Department of Health to compile and issue a comprehensive report on gunshot victims presenting at hospitals in New Mexico, which shall include (if available): demographic data of gunshot victims, including age, gender, race, and ethnicity; data on gunshot victim’s healthcare outcomes; the brand and caliber of the firearm used; the general circumstances leading to the injury; the impact of gunshot victims on New Mexico’s healthcare system; and any other pertinent information.
    • A prohibition on firearms on state property, including state buildings and schools. This also includes other places of education where children gather, such as parks.
    • The State Police to add officers in Albuquerque with funding for overtime provided.
    • The Children, Youth and Families Department to immediately suspend the Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative and evaluate juvenile probation protocols.
    “As I said yesterday, the time for standard measures has passed,” said Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham in a statement. “And when New Mexicans are afraid to be in crowds, to take their kids to school, to leave a baseball game – when their very right to exist is threatened by the prospect of violence at every turn – something is very wrong.”

Lujan Grisham said the restrictions “are going to pose incredible challenges for me as a governor and as a state.”

“I welcome the debate and fight about how to make New Mexicans safer,” she said at a news conference.

A reporter confronted Grisham on this ridiculous order.

She is a childish stupid bitch, like many spoiled idiots. Dim bulbs like her are her voter support. They live in unreality because it allows their neurosis’s to remain unchallenged. Don’t stick your dick in crazy, whatever gender they are.

This company is local to me - good guys - during the WhuFlu MI state police threatened multiple times to shut them down because they did not enforce face diaper policy. So they no longer sell ammo to law enforcement or known individual officers- which they used to at a significant discount.
    I always try and buy from them- they don’t just post spicy memes they follow through.

Last edited:
    This is on the people, since the people didn’t address this emergency loophole back when it was pulled during the Katrina response in New Orleans. A lot of people hemmed and haw’d at the time but nothing was ever done.

Same with voting. Voting needed fixing long before the stealing became the main method to procure votes in swing districts.

Discipline and engagement are required for evil not to take over via the stupid. Otherwise you wind up with stupid and evil running the show.

The truth has a bit of a sting.

Who wants to wager that the orders will be enforced?

Only on law abiding people; laws don’t apply to criminals and they are rarely held accountable when they break them. According to democrats, people using guns to commit crimes is a gun problem and gets blamed on society as a whole instead of holding the person doing the crime accountable for their personal actions……..no, no, in a democrats mind though shall not hold a criminal personally accountable for their actions; it’s society’s fault they are criminals and breaking the law.

Marxist democrats wield virtually unchecked power, and they're eager and willing to abuse it, and they're abusing it all over the country. Tolken's gollum would be proud of their quest.

It's way too late for voting, gents.

Marxist democrats wield virtually unchecked power, and they're eager and willing to abuse it, and they're abusing it all over the country. Tolken's gollum would be proud of their quest.

It's way too late for voting, gents.
    Voting alone might not be enough but we have to keep fighting to have a chance of winning back our country. The odds might not be in our favor but there still is a chance. After all we got Trump in 2016 when everybody knew it was Hillary's turn...

How much anybody want to bet that if they did not ban weapon carry but instead LOCKED UP the offenders that did these shootings, it would be considered racist?

They do not have to describe the perps or show their photos at all. We ALREADY KNOW just exactly what they look like by what they have done. They probably filmed themselves on Tiktok with their new Glock switches as well blasting indiscriminately into nearby neighborhoods or into the night sky with no regard to where their shots are going.

This has nothing to do with crime at all. It is a leftist statist governor taking advantage of routine hoodbooger nonsense to ensure that the citizenry pose fewer potential dangers to them in the future when they roll out another mandatory clot shot or something similar.

What a perfect opportunity for the people of NM to engage in a little civil disobedience. Have a carry rally in the city. Encourage people to conceal carry at the rally. Cops would have to search every person to determine if they were breaking any laws, photos of a persons face would prove nothing. Yet everybody looking at that mass of people would know exactly what was going on.

They can't stop the fox raiding the hen house, so they punish the chickens.

Nah, more like: They want to kill and eat the chickens, so they pilfer the hen house and blame it on the fox that stopped by last week.

It is not incompetence. They KNOW what they are doing. Disarmament by incrementalism. Otherwise, how will they implement the 15 minute cities and "you will own nothing and be happy"? The mega skyscraper wall called "The Line" in the Saudi Arabian desert, once it is completed later this decade, would be the ultimate test of the globalists' vision for their cities of total control. No privacy. No property ownership. No cash. Everything and everyone monitored and under surveillance. They are already accepting applications for people who want to move into The Line upon it's completion. Most likely it is going to be a replay of Jonestown. At Jonestown, Jim Jones had his guards search everybody for weapons upon entering the commune, "for everybody's safety". Even the knives used for cooking are locked away in the communal kitchen and could only be accessed when the entire commune gathers at the kitchen to prepare food. The guards however, were always armed for bear. They were ordered to shoot anyone who refused to drink the poisoned Flavor Aid on the final fateful day.

Last edited: