• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Mexico New Guy

505Fire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2011
Farmington, NM
Hi guys I guess I'm not truly a new guy been a member here for a long time just trying to get active now. I just bought a Savage 110 in .30-06 but I'm thinking hard about getting a barrel for it in .280 AI. Currently my plans for the gun are a Vortex Razor 5-20 that should hopefully ship soon from another member on here a Shilen Select match barrel, possibly a B&C Duramaxx stock until I can afford something better the Razor kind of tapped me out on funds. I would love a McMillan but I'm undecided between it and an XLR chassis eventually. Still undecided on a bipod too. I will be reloading for this too.

The local range has targets out to 890 meters so I have a decent long range to practice on. Also we have tons of BLM land around here where I can really stretch the legs of this setup once I learn the basics better. I am fairly new to long distance shooting. My only experience with it is with CMP shooting my old M1 Garand out to 600 yards. There is a ton of info on here and I'm just trying to soak it up right now.

Thanks! I appreciate it. Not sure how often I would get to make it it's 2.5 to 3 hour drive for me but it sure would be fun.