• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition New mid range F/TR load

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
I think I am on my way to developing a new mid range 300-600 yard load for the factory tube on my Savage F/TR. This is without depth testing, so I think I should be able to shrink the groups a bit more. 168gr Amax, Lapua brass, Tula primers, Varget. 100 yard testing.

Diego

looking good. I loved the Amaxes when I bought my 1 box then could not get them anymore.

Keep us posted on how they shoot past 200 yards

I took the 42.5 load and the 45.5 load out to 300 yards for testing and chrono readings. The 45.5 was a touch to hot, the load chronoed at 2925 and showed too much spread at 300 out to about 4.5 inches. The 42.5 load on the other hand chronoed around 2650 and showed some pretty nice groups even in light to moderate wind. Here are some of the groups of the 42.5 at 300 yards. We will she how the load performs this weekend at the 300 yard palma match.

Looks good, Ted. This weekend should tell the tale. Right now the prediction is quite a bit windier than normal, but that can (and probably will LOL) change by Saturday. See you at SBRGC.