• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report New Military Ammo

Re: New Military Ammo

Isn't the powder they are referring to the new IMR XBR 8208?
I get .5MOA with the LR that I have but I'm still working on a load with the 8208.

The 300WM with 220 grain SMK ammo is with H1000. The 8208 has been a commercial canister powder used by ammo companies for years. It's just now available to reloaders. I don't know which powder they used for the 308 in this ammo.

The reading I get is that they are looking real hard to work with what they have. A switch over to .338LM would be very expensive compared to hot-rodding the .300WM.

I was sure hoping at least SOCOM would get on board for their snipers. Thus, other ammo makers would produce more and bring the price down on the open market......here's to hoping...

I agree. I bought a .338LM because <span style="text-decoration: underline">everything</span> I read about it was yummy

...(the cost of shooting it <span style="font-style: italic">maybe</span> not as much)
laugh.gif