• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New mini reloading bench

Ffjmoore

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2019
Behind enemy lines comifornia
I have a single car garage as my work space. I also have to fit my 2500 truck in it so space is limited. So that I could reclaim my work bench for working on motorcycles I put together a new bench dedicated to reloading. It's only 15" deep and about 5' long. I was inspired to build it when my new (to me) t7 turret and chargemaster showed up. I have a flush mount inlinefabrication on its way for my rock chucker as well as some lighting. Anybody with recommendations for reloading in tight spaces?
20201018_200608.jpg

Good job. It looks like you have plenty of room to get stuff done in an efficient space. Even though I have a whole bench to reload on, I only end up using about 3 square feet of space at a time, so most of the space is wasted. You could get more bench top real estate by putting some storage under the bench. But I wouldn't worry about that unless you feel cramped. It wouldn't be a bad idea to put a wall-mounted shelf a couple inches above the bench for the Chargemaster, to isolate it from the movement of the bench.

Reactions: Gustav7
I like yours its neat and tidy starting to really think about doing one just like it except maybe a single stage press to start though I had my heart set on a 20 ton assembly line for near 24 hr production of ammo something dreams have to change to fit reality .

You could mount some wall bins using Inline Fabs wall mounts. I also bought the small cardboard containers in the picture off amazon. pack of 50 is pretty cheap. I use them for organization in my shop and on my house reloading bench.

Especially on the side of the bench, and the wall to the right, or under the over head cabinet if there was room..

IMG_4265.jpg

Reactions: Ffjmoore
I ordered a few bins when I ordered my flush mount plate. I'll figure out where on the bench they will fit before I order more. The cabinets above a pretty full of the rest of my reloading junk. One is bullets powder and primers. One is brass. The other has dies and various bits and pieces.

I dig it, just about the right size. Might be a tad cramped, Just need to hold back and dont treat it like a normal work bench in the garage, The bigger they are, the more crap that gets piled on them!! Also like the trimmer!!!

Reactions: Ffjmoore
Yah, I have another bench that was a multi purpose benchand it just doesn't work. This one is dedicated to reloading only. Yes a little small but I'm going to make the space work. I have, in addition to this redding t7, a rock chucker, jr3 and a cheap lee. I think I'm going to give the lee to a friend with some other gear so he can start loading 9mm. The 2 rcbs will be spare single stage for decaping and random sizing.

Reactions: Bullspotter
Here is the current update. Added a inline fab flush mount. I may add a formica counter top so that I can route in the mount and actually have it flush. Added a small monitor with a Google tv so I can watch youtube and what not. And then there is the sewing machine light mounted overhead. It's pretty nice, led, flexible neck and magnetic base. Still have to figure out where I'm going to mount the green bins. It's pretty full
20201026_205338.jpg
now so I won't add much more. I would like to get a few of the inline storage brackets for the press so if I need the space I can store them underneath.

I have a single car garage as my work space. I also have to fit my 2500 truck in it so space is limited. So that I could reclaim my work bench for working on motorcycles I put together a new bench dedicated to reloading. It's only 15" deep and about 5' long. I was inspired to build it when my new (to me) t7 turret and chargemaster showed up. I have a flush mount inlinefabrication on its way for my rock chucker as well as some lighting. Anybody with recommendations for reloading in tight spaces?View attachment 7449723

I like it! Well done for fitting something in a small space.