• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New MkII BTVS has found a home! (pics added)

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
I just picked up a Savage MkII BTVS package at Dick's sporting goods last night. I managed to get it out to the range today. I only put about 15 rounds of Wolf Match Target through it since we had a 17-22mph gusting wind. It was good enough to get it zeroed at 100 yards. It shows some promise.

The package comes with a Simmons 3-9x Duplex scope, but the corsshairs are too heavy for a target rifle. I can't wait to put some decent glass on it.

If the winds die down tomorrow I will try to get some accuracy testing done and some photos.

Maybe next month I can pickup a Bipod and sling for it. I also need to get ahold of Tim at SAS and see if he will thread it for me so I can mount my can.

Re: New MkII BTVS has found a home!

They're nice rigs to shoot I have one myself and I have a Blast shooting it.Mine shoots the Golden Eagle Target Blue box quite well and the real good shooting stuff in mine is Fiocchi Super Biatholon 360. I have talked with Tim on more than one occasion debating on if I want to get mine threaded and put a suppressor on it and my CZ. You ever hit Red Brush?? Always looking for someone new to shoot with.

Nice buy. My Savage MkII shoots the Wolf Match Target incredibly well. I love the fact that it is so accurate for a $300 rifle.

I got the Simmons 3-9x scope combo on my Dick's Savage 93 17HMR, and the parallax is horrible inside 100yds.

Good luck!

I am out at Red Brush all the time. That's where I was testing it out yesterday.

That is probably where I will use the MkII the most. I have a spot out near Lynnville where I can reach out with the .308 but it's more of a pain for the .22.

Funny-the simmons on top of my Dick's savage package has worked great for me so far. Repeatable and decent glass, however the reticle is pretty thick.

I bought one too this week only in blue not stainless.
I have the scalpel out of commission to thread the barrel so I put the USO on the MarkII. I will get the 20MOA base from EGW in the next day or two and shoot out to 200. So far 100 is no problem. But it hates the bulk pack Federal 36gr HP. The CMP practice ammo does pretty good but as always has at least 2 flyers out of ten rounds fired.
I check Lapua master L and M and bot did well. Wolf Match is on the way but I figure I will probably just shoot the CMP stuff since I have a lot of it and it is cheeeeep.

I picked up an FV not to long ago. I love it. I put an EGW base on it, Menace 4.5-18 scope in Burris XTR rings. I had to put and Eagle stock pack on it with some extra foam to get the comb up, but over all its a great lil rifle. Still waiting on a Sharp Shooter Supply stock, should be a hell of a poodle shooter when I get done.

The Thumbhole stock works great. The comb is actually high enough that I don't need to use any padding.

I was planning on getting out to shoot it again today, but that didn't work out.

I would have gone the thumbhole route, but I planned from the beginning to get the SSS stock. That is why I bought the cheaper FV version.

Since I didn't get to the range I busted it out for some pics:

BTVS_2891.jpg

BTVS_2892.jpg

BTVS_2897.jpg

BTVS_2898.jpg

That's pretty sharp. Ill get some pics up of mine tomorrow. BTW, you like that pack?...been thinking about getting the same one.

Oh yeah...must be nice to have green grass. We got MORE snow today. I'm 'bout sick of the shit. Have fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah...must be nice to have green grass. We got MORE snow today. I'm 'bout sick of the shit. Have fun. </div></div>

Ahh quit your bitcin about snow Atleast you get snow
grin.gif
all we get here is Ice Ice and oh wait more Ice and then today the weather mans calling for severe storms and "possible tornadic activity" as he put it
mad.gif
there goes any fun time at the range in the next couple of days... and some sloppy muddy ones after that .... Wanna trade weather

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Patrick Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, you like that pack?...been thinking about getting the same one. </div></div>

Love it. It's been my EDC since the new baby came around. It serves duty as a "man purse" and "tactical diaper go-bag". It even rides shotgun when I am working. So far it's got over a year on it including several cross-country flights and some field work. It still looks new.

Maxpedition builds some hardcore stuff.

http://8541tactical.com/pygmy_falcon.php

Red Brush thats the one that goes out to 385 with gongs along the left right? i've shot there several times while home on leave. last time we went it was a hi of 9 or so with a 25-30mph cross wind. nice range out there, i am hoping to go again in june or july when i get home.

Here is mine, bipod is on it just for this pic.
SavageMKII2.jpg