• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW MOD-7 HOG Saddle

AMTeam4

O317
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
Kansas City
stores.hogsaddle.com
The NEW MOD7 HOG Saddle is finally here!
This is our latest model HOG Saddle with some improvements from the original design.

List of improvements:

1. Opens 1/4in wider than original model.
2. Incorporates a retention button screw to prevent unintentional disassembly in the field.
3. Weighs less than 16 ounces.
4. Added cut-outs to the base of the HOG Saddle. These narrow slots better integrate with tripod heads or QR plates that have anti-rotation video pins.

MOD7crop2.jpg

MOD7crop1.jpg

And here is a cool video demonstrating how the special urethane pads dampen and reduce the transfer of recoil.
The rifle is a 14” Daniel Defense upper with Elcan optic, and M4 lower.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FTlwwKTkxg&feature=plcp"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FTlwwKTkxg&feature=plcp" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Afgpic4.jpg

Afgpic2.jpg

Re: NEW MOD-7 HOG Saddle

Now you're just showing off dude.....lol

Love it and when I get my change jar full I'm getting one. Till then its the PIG saddle for me...

Nice improvements, great photos!

I love it brother, I have put some really good use on my current Hog Saddle!! SO thanks again, it is working great

On the next model, here is a useful idea to add to the hog saddle. At least it would be useful to me!!!

Maybe some holes in the side to attach a small rail. rails can be used for about anything. I am thinking in particular a camera, keeping a wind meter handy, possibly attaching a light.

Just my thoughts, BUT, I love my saddle. Locks up really tight and when I combine it with my frotto tri pod its super strong

Thanks guys. The MOD7 is being received with great reviews from the LE/Mil side. That full auto mag dump video is pretty sick.

I'll look into your suggestions jcvibby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really like the new features! When will it be available? </div></div>

The MOD7 is currently available.
Link to store: HERE

I've also increased production of the black pads so this option is now a standard color option instead of special order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the MOD7 come with the aluminum or polymer knob? </div></div>

All the MOD7's come with the CNC machined aluminum knob.

I just placed my order for one! Excited to try it out. Will come in handy during the varmint hunts.

I got my mod 7 saddle and can't say enough good things about it or the company. great product keep up the good work

Wish I hadn't just bought the original a month ago, I like the idea of it being lighter!

any plans to update the origonal so it dosent unscrew and come apart? that would be awesome

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenaja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any plans to update the origonal so it dosent unscrew and come apart? that would be awesome </div></div>

I have a small batch of custom knobs that were made for a military customer last year. The knob assembly is similar to the MOD7's but uses an acorn nut, instead of the button screw, to prevent disassembly.
Send me a PM if you want to retrofit your original model.

damn it i still need one of these. another thing to budget for, lol

Dude, those are some great pics ptaylor. Makes me want to bust out the 10/22 with the fam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any opportunity to get a MOD 7 in OD or FDE with tan pads, bolt & knob? </div></div>

Currently all of the HOG Saddles I'm making are Sniper Grey anodized with the option of Black or Tan pads.
The OD color was discontinued because it was too difficult to keep consistent.
Most guys spray paint their units according to their AO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMTeam4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, those are some great pics ptaylor. Makes me want to bust out the 10/22 with the fam.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starbuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any opportunity to get a MOD 7 in OD or FDE with tan pads, bolt & knob? </div></div>

Currently all of the HOG Saddles I'm making are Sniper Grey anodized with the option of Black or Tan pads.
The OD color was discontinued because it was too difficult to keep consistent.

Most guys spray paint their units according to their AO.

</div></div>

Copy that. Gotta love Krylon. Order inbound.

What's the distance from the bottom pad to the top of the side pads?

Thanks,

Two questions

Do these clamp enough to fit the Mcree chassis?

Also, what is your recommended tripod/head set-up for general purpose positional precision shooting?

Since the HOG Saddle closes at 1.5" and the Mcree is 1.5" wide, the rest does not clamp enough to control the stock.
Customers who own Mcree stocks either use a S.O. Tech Skid Plate to add width, tape a chunk of iso-mat to the inside of the HOG Saddle, or clamp the stock where a side rail has been added.

Regarding tripods, I am a big fan of the brand Manfrotto. I used Manfrotto tripods in the Marine Corps during countless sniper operations overseas and trust their quality. Manfrotto is by far the most used tripod by military snipers but there are other good choices out there.
Here are four great tripods to check out. I prefer the 055 models because they manage recoil better but the 190 models are lighter and cheaper.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Manfrotto 055XPROB Aluminum Tripod
Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber
Manfrotto 190XPROB Aluminum
Manfrotto 190CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod </span>

Ball action heads are the most popular for snipers and the strongest in regards to carrying the loaded weight of the rifle. Here are three great options. (The 054 Magnesium ball Head is my favorite and what I personally use. It is also the favored head with many USMC Scout Snipers.)
*Keep in mind that some shooters prefer to not use tripod heads and mount their HOG Saddles directly to the base of the tripod.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Manfrotto 054 Magnesium Ball Head
Manfrotto 498 Midi Ball Head
Manfrotto 496 Compact Ball</span>

Of all these options I think the 055XPROB tripod with 054 Magnesium Ball Head is an amazing shooting platform with the HOG Saddle. You can't go wrong with any of the above.

Going to Buy a hog saddle in the next 24 hr or less. This may sound dumb but, #1 who can I buy it from #2 would you get a carbon fiber tripod or a aluminum.
I would like to support a vender of the hide for my purchase
or do I need to order from hogsaddle direct I see the web site...