• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mode 70 Winchester

kraigWY

CMP GSM MI
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2006
Wyoming
Unlike a lot of people here, I really like the Model 70 but I don't know about the New Model 70. A place in Gillette is getting a couple in and from the pictures I really like the looks of the New Model 70 Featherweight.

I and seriouly thinking of grabbing the featherweight in 270 to go with my 257 Rbts Featherweight. I am gonna get a 270 anyway and I'm hoping the New Model 70 will work.

But, Like I said, I dont know much about then except what I've read.

Anyone have one or have opinions about them.

This rifle will be used for Elk and muleys, mostly hunting in mountains on horseback. I've settled on the 270, I'm just wondering about the rifle.

Re: New Mode 70 Winchester

kraig, Couldn't be any worse than the FN's, made same way, same machines.......barrels??

Sorry, I hit the wrong button, this should have been in the rilfe section. Anyone know how to move it???

Only a Mod can move it.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,holler at one of em

I'm a big fan of the model 70's. Less customization options than the 700, but its just a great action. The pre-64 gets a lot of mention, but I think the current actions coming out of SC are great.

I'm a big fan of the model 70's. Less customization options than the 700, but its just a great action. The pre-64 gets a lot of mention, but I think the current actions coming out of SC are great.

Guess it depends what you need/like/want for customization. It works fine for me. Mcmillian or manners, 20 moa base, timney if you like.

I'd like to see Defiance put a 3 position safety on a deviant. That would make the win70 fan in me smile!