• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New money not coming

7.62willdo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • A couple days ago there was a meme with a black girl sitting next to a sign in her credit union saying they wouldn’t be getting any new 2023 money. Honestly I was a little skeptical of this but I just went to my bank and asked about it as I was going to get five new $100 bills for my grandchildren and the woman behind the counter told me that they received an email from their headquarters Bank of America that they would be receiving any 2023 money this year that there was too much money in circulation and so there would be no 2023 Bills, these are her words not mine . Make of this what you will…..

Reactions: UKDslayer
    If true it would be the easiest way to force electronic money.
    Stop printing actual cash and pull it out of circulation at their convenience.

R
    Look how close they got to this during the covid BS. Places stopped taking cash, cause they were shorting change shipments. Closer to a reality than most people would admit to I bet

Reactions: BurtG and 10ring'r
    For what it’s worth, they said the were not printing “special holiday orders” this year, but would continue printing the regular orders throughout the year.

I posed this over east weekend in Portajohn, the tweet was briefly unavailable but resurfaced. This is no doubt linked to the Digital banking endeavors:

Fed print orders are significantly lower than recent history.

So long as they're destroying/writing off more than they print, I don't see much of a problem here, but a cashless society is always their goal. Doesn't mean you can't stockpile old notes though. Twenty bucks is twenty bucks...

I'm more worried about the spending bill and the anti gun stuff in it. I do agree, they want a digital currency, more control

Reactions: The D
    Saw this on fakebook….
    Something to think about.
    Why should we pay cash everywhere with banknotes instead of a card?
    - I have a $50 banknote in my pocket. Going to a restaurant and paying for dinner with it. The restaurant owner then uses the note to pay for the laundry. The laundry owner then uses the note to pay the barber. The barber will then use the note for shopping. After an unlimited number of payments, it will still remain a $50, which has fulfilled its purpose to everyone who used it for payment and the bank has jumped dry from every cash payment transaction made.
    But if I come to a restaurant and pay with digital Card, bank fees for my payment transaction charged to the seller are 3% so around $1.50 and so the fee $1.50 for each further payment transaction for restaurant owner or payments of the owner of the laundry shop, the barber etc.. Therefore, after 30 transactions, the initial $50 will remain only $5 and the remaining $45 became the property of the bank thanks to all digital transactions and fees.
    0590E67E-3B44-48E2-BD49-912D7AB6A363.jpeg

So then which card earns points with the hookers this month? Was it my Ducks unlimited visa or my Costco card?

Saw this on fakebook….
    Something to think about.
    Why should we pay cash everywhere with banknotes instead of a card?
    - I have a $50 banknote in my pocket. Going to a restaurant and paying for dinner with it. The restaurant owner then uses the note to pay for the laundry. The laundry owner then uses the note to pay the barber. The barber will then use the note for shopping. After an unlimited number of payments, it will still remain a $50, which has fulfilled its purpose to everyone who used it for payment and the bank has jumped dry from every cash payment transaction made.
    But if I come to a restaurant and pay with digital Card, bank fees for my payment transaction charged to the seller are 3% so around $1.50 and so the fee $1.50 for each further payment transaction for restaurant owner or payments of the owner of the laundry shop, the barber etc.. Therefore, after 30 transactions, the initial $50 will remain only $5 and the remaining $45 became the property of the bank thanks to all digital transactions and fees.
    A woman must have written that, because they definitely don't understand math and compounded decay versus simple decay. The 3% transaction fee doesn't stay a continuous $1.50 (simple) and reduce to $5 after 30 transactions, instead it would be reduce to $20.05 after 30 transactions, with the amount of transaction fee being reduced . Not incredibly better, but if we're going to criticize, we best be accurate in our argument. http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calgrow.htm

After that, by law a regulated bank (those with over $10B assets) can charge at most .05% + $0.21 for debit transactions, so that $50 transaction would be a $0.235 fee to the bank. Average transaction fee for credit card transactions are 1.4%, so a $0.70 transaction fee. Sure, some credit and other card processors charge more, that's on the business to who and what they use and accept. https://www.merchantmaverick.com/cost-of-debit-card-transactions/

The post is typical falsehood and standard for social(ist) media, the information control centers that they are. "Fakebook" is always an accurate representation of what goes on there, and the sad thing is a vast majority of users not only believe it, but will spread it.

Bottom line if you want to do the retailer a favor, pay in cash or debit card through a debit transaction.

So are hookers going to start taking checks?

Think I read here on the SHcom that your Unvaxed pure blood Jizz, is Now the new Bitcoin. So apparently with Hookers, you just Hit-it, and your payment is automatically made .

• Haha
    Reactions: Pbgt
    Digital currency = ''you will have nothing and be happy.''

Build back better .... a global phrase.

A woman must have written that, because they definitely don't understand math and compounded decay versus simple decay.
    I guess I don't understand it either. It seems every business that accepts Visa/Mastercard appears to pay the fee. Every time that $50 bill gets handed to a business, that's fees that didn't get charged. Then again, hookers have stolen my wallet twice. Clearly, I didn't learn my lesson the first time...

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Average transaction fee for credit card transactions are 1.4%, so a $0.70 transaction fee. Sure, some credit and other card processors charge more, that's on the business to who and what they use and accept. https://www.merchantmaverick.com/cost-of-debit-card-transactions/
    Average merchants that are not huge multinational entities are probably paying closer to 3% total in credit card fees
    Your 1.4% is laughable in how the real world works.

If you don't believe tell you what, setup your own business that is say doing 500k to 2 million a year of credit card transactions and then ignore what your credit card processor has promised you and instead actually look at the total you charged and the total they deposited into your account and you'll understand how the world works.

We've been through this tons of times over a couple decades at our company and nope, you aren't getting some mythical 1.4% rate on your credit card processing no matter how much your processor lies to you about it.

Reactions: Pbgt
    Average merchants that are not huge multinational entities are probably paying closer to 3% total in credit card fees
    Your 1.4% is laughable in how the real world works.

If you don't believe tell you what, setup your own business that is say doing 500k to 2 million a year of credit card transactions and then ignore what your credit card processor has promised you and instead actually look at the total you charged and the total they deposited into your account and you'll understand how the world works

We've been through this tons of times over a couple decades at our company and nope, you aren't getting some mythical 1.4% rate on your credit card processing no matter how much your processor lies to you about it.
    I used the Fed's averaged numbers for the 1.4%, looks like that was a 2020 number. Here's probably a better and more current reference: https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/research/average-credit-card-processing-fees-costs-america/

Seems Square and PayPal love fucking over people as much as Well's Fargo does. Not surprised yet another Silicon Valley firm wants to fuck everyone in the ass.

Again though, everyone should do everyone else but the banks a favor and STOP USING CREDIT CARDS. Never, ever, ever, should anyone use a credit card, for any fucking reason, unless they love making other people rich while making themselves poor.

I get some interesting looks at my replies to the clerks when they ask me if I want to apply for a store card to save $20. It's usually a thinly veiled "Go fuck yourself".

Reactions: Snipe260
    You were gaslighted with a "coin shortage". But not likely that they will slow down printing, you just won't be able to get it. Something about Ukrainan president needing money for suits or something.

Reactions: forrestgump01
    Maybe there gonna start printing $1000 dollar bills instead of one hundreds because that is what it will take to buy a gallon of milk by the time Pedo Brando leaves office .

Maybe there gonna start printing $1000 dollar bills instead of one hundreds because that is what it will take to buy a gallon of milk by the time Pedo Brando leaves office .

Great sound byte but be prepared for $100 bills to suddenly "not be available" just like they did away with the $1000 bills.
    Then the $50 bills will be impossible to get and it will be 20s and under only and for anything else.... just transfer it.

People don't think it be like it is, but western governments around the world are declaring a war on cash because they are greedy and want control & want to make sure they can do maximum Taxation.

Take a look at Israel if you want to see what's coming here soon.

give it time the dims will find more taxpayer money to hand out ... they always do the the rips will be there to help em .