• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Mould - Noe K31 - 5 Cavity 180gr

Suasponte

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Just got my new NOE K31 - 5 cavity 180gr mould from Swede at Noe Moulds. Extremely great guy to deal with and one of the best looking moulds I own other than the Hensley Gibbs 45acp 10 cavity I have. Was $102 shipped to the door and also comes with the custom top punch to match the bullet profile. Swede was completely a top notch person to deal with and is as Mark would say "Good People".

I fired up the Lee 20lb furnace this morning and broke it in. All cavitys drop without having to beat the crap out of the mould. I smoked it with wood matches prior to casting. I have a LEE 2 cavity and it just seems like it takes forever to get any real quantity on boolits. After about a hour of casting I had at least 400 boolits in the bucket.
grin.gif

Loading up 50 test loads for the K31 tonight and will hopefully be able to put some down range tomorrow.

noe4.jpg

noe1.jpg

noe2.jpg

noe3.jpg

Happy with this mould and will be looking at future purchases from him.

Terry

Re: New Mould - Noe K31 - 5 Cavity 180gr

Bullets are finishing out at right around 189gr with gas check and lube.

DSC03465.jpg

Got 50 loaded up and will try them tomorrow hopefully at 112yds at a 200yd reduced repair center and see how they group.

loaded 20 with 16gr of 2400 in Graf's brass with Wolf primers.
loaded 20 with 18gr " ditto"
and 10 with 20gr of 2400.

All was seated at 2.850".

DSC03466.jpg

Terry

Looks good. I often use six-cavity molds since the wife and I do Cowboy Action Shooting and go through a <span style="font-style: italic">lot</span> of cast bullets.

What alloy are you using and what diameter do they drop?

Finally got a chance to test out my lead NOE K31 180gr Lead loads.
Three different loads 16gr, 18gr, and 20gr's of 2400 in Graf's Brass with Wolf Large Rifle primers seated to 2.85".

16gr Target
16grjpg.jpg

18gr Target
18grjpg.jpg

20gr Target
20grjpg.jpg

Wind was light from 8o'clock @ 4-5mph.

Very mild loads with low recoil, did not Chrono but assume they will be close to the 170gr LEE bullets at 1500fps Approx.

16gr and 18gr loads was a 400m sight setting with a 6 o'clock hold. 20gr load was a 300m setting.

No pressure signs on any cases so I may try 22gr, 24gr and 25gr loads and see how they shoot.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What alloy are you using and what diameter do they drop? </div></div>

Alloy is 16lbs of Wheel Weight and 2lbs of Linotype.

Bullets are dropping at .311 diameter and I am sizing them to .308 with Hornady gas checks. Got a .309 sizer on the way.

Terry

Do some of the bullet holes look off center ? Arnie