• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New mount for Tikka T3

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
I have just returned from the British Shooting Show where I spoke with Craig the owner of Third Eye Tactical. They already produce suburb rings and a picatinny uni-mount amongst an array of precision products.

I discussed the growing popularity of the Tikka T3 and the integral dovetail mount. I am
A firm believer that using this would achieve greater tolerances and less to go wrong. I would like to use a spuhr mount and have discussed this with Haken. However there would be a need to mil the ejection port and in the UK this would require an
expensive trip to the proof house. Craig liked my idea and told me to call back in 4 weeks and he would have something for me. Would there be any mileage in this product in the US?

This is the picatinny version retails for £255

Re: New mount for Tikka T3

does this fit the sako receiver with the tapered dovetail?

if so, I'm interested.

Re: New mount for Tikka T3

The problem is that they put the ejectionport all the way up in the rail. So if the original rail should be used there cannot be any clamp at all on the top of the unaltered ejectionport.
It's really sad as the ejectionport is placed in the wrong place from the beginning.
Each brass hits lower part of ejectionport and bumps up on the upper part before it bumps out.

So I think you have two solutions.
Either you go for a mount and alter the ejectionport, or you mount something that not have clamp on the top of ejectionport.

Håkan