• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New mst100

taxman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2012
north west oregon
Not sure if its been covered but have to try. For those of us that have missed the boat of previous offers on mst100 scopes. Would there be a way to convince us optics to do another run of them or even possibly start a small batch annually. Seems as though there's enough want in the market to warrant at least periodically making a batch.

Did you call US Optics to see if they’d do another run provided they got enough orders/deposits?

If not, that’s where Id start.

Reactions: taxman
Ok well since its only been 10 min and I have one person wanting one im willing to do the leg work if people will comment to the thred they want to buy one. Ill call next friday 11/18/22 and see how many we have

Id still call US Optics first to see if its even something they will or even can still do before you put a bunch of effort into it otherwise. As it would be completely pointless to do so if there’s zero interest on the part of USO.

The current US Optics is not the same as it once was. In name only…. Nobody there has any history with or knowledge of the MST100. They don’t have the skill to do any more.

But, I’m in constant contact with the former owner, the guy who can do this. He and I have been discussing this recently. He’ll do another batch of 100 scopes if 50 ppl will commit to orders.

I’ll get an idea of price, timeline, and other specifics, to be updated as this evolves.

In the meantime, if you’re No-Shit interested in doing this, speak up.

I'd sure like to know how much they will cost before I commit. If I had to guess, I'd say around $4k

I think it’ll take a little while to arrive at what the scope will cost to build. Sale price will, of course, be determined thereafter.

I think it’ll take a little while to arrive at what the scope will cost to build. Sale price will, of course, be determined thereafter.
Oh yeah, I'm sure it will. If he were to make another batch of MST's they would actually be priceless.

Reactions: Skunk
I'm in the pipeline for a M40AI from GAP. I've just found a Weaver T-10 (just like to one I had at Camp Schwab in 1979) I plan to mount on the weapon.

On a lark I just spoke to US Optics in Carolina. They said they need at least five hundred (500) committed purchasers willing to pre-purchase the new MST-100.

The rep noted a campaign to restart a run was attempted in 2018, but there were not enough takers.

When I asked about the price it was quoted at $5,000. If you buy into the thought the scope should cost as much as the rifle...then the $5k makes sense.

Once 499 people sign up...I'll be the 500th.

Semper Fi
Remy

Reactions: Ranchhand
I remember as a kid, when I was infatuated with the “romantic notion” of being a “sniper,” an M40A1 was at the peak of my want list. That much hasn’t changed over the years, as the M40A1 is just sexy AF.

But at $5K for an MST100 alone, the dream is basically dead. For that much money, I can almost be in to a used AIAT with a used Razor G2 which is a superior optic for anything short of looking like a pure clone rifle. I wish I had that kind of money to play with, but that’s not how life’s turned out for me thus far… But man it would be fun to live vicariously through you guys if you can get the needed pre-orders in!

I remember as a kid, when I was infatuated with the “romantic notion” of being a “sniper,” an M40A1 was at the peak of my want list. That much hasn’t changed over the years, as the M40A1 is just sexy AF.

But at $5K for an MST100 alone, the dream is basically dead. For that much money, I can almost be in to a used AIAT with a used Razor G2 which is a superior optic for anything short of looking like a pure clone rifle. I wish I had that kind of money to play with, but that’s not how life’s turned out for me thus far… But man it would be fun to live vicariously through you guys if you can get the needed pre-orders in!
I never paid anywhere close to 5k for any of my usmc unertl 10x. I think the last run of uso mst100 was in 2013-2014 and they cost us $2950

I never paid anywhere close to 5k for any of my usmc unertl 10x. I think the last run of uso mst100 was in 2013-2014 and they cost us $2950

Which is far more reasonable but still a LOT of coin for a replica optic using incredibly dated tech. Small runs cost more, I get that. But $5K is outrageous money for a fixed 10x w/ mildot reticle and BDC turret. Hence the vicarious thing lol. They’re still sexy as hell, but I’ll leave them as eye candy. :)

i'm surprised no one just starts a company and OEMs them from china/japan/phillipines
what Stevo86 said. however Numrich does offer a sniper conversion kit for a Enfield No.4 making it a faux No.4 (T). that has to be a niche market too. so maybe we should ask them they could also make a mount too and sell a "Remington 700 to M40A1 conversion kit" or something like that.

Here is a link to the scope. they use to have a kit that had everything, the mount brackets (and screws) the quick detach mount, scope, and cheek piece. you can still find it all on the website but no longer a "all in one" kit.

I'm in the pipeline for a M40AI from GAP. I've just found a Weaver T-10 (just like to one I had at Camp Schwab in 1979) I plan to mount on the weapon.

On a lark I just spoke to US Optics in Carolina. They said they need at least five hundred (500) committed purchasers willing to pre-purchase the new MST-100.

The rep noted a campaign to restart a run was attempted in 2018, but there were not enough takers.

When I asked about the price it was quoted at $5,000. If you buy into the thought the scope should cost as much as the rifle...then the $5k makes sense.

Once 499 people sign up...I'll be the 500th.

Semper Fi
Remy
Any word on US Optic? I’d love to buy a new version.

Which is far more reasonable but still a LOT of coin for a replica optic using incredibly dated tech. Small runs cost more, I get that. But $5K is outrageous money for a fixed 10x w/ mildot reticle and BDC turret. Hence the vicarious thing lol. They’re still sexy as hell, but I’ll leave them as eye candy. :)
I kind of wish somebody would make a replica looking MST100 with simplified and updated tech. Maybe a fixed 12x or 15x, simple BDC marked .1 MIL turrets, maybe add on to the mil dot reticle (have the core be mil dot but possibly include more hold-off points around it), have the paralax be a normal functioning AO but keep the smooth ring.

Reactions: LouDogg
I kind of wish somebody would make a replica looking MST100 with simplified and updated tech. Maybe a fixed 12x or 15x, simple BDC marked .1 MIL turrets, maybe add on to the mil dot reticle (have the core be mil dot but possibly include more hold-off points around it), have the paralax be a normal functioning AO but keep the smooth ring.

Quite frankly, the MST100 would be perfect if they just made an ST-10 that outwardly looked like an MST lol. I don’t need or want a BDC turret, and I’d like at least a MIL-GAP reticle in it. Modernize it just enough to make it fit into the 21st Century, but have it look the same. I want an M40A1 clone but I want it to run the same as my other rifles. That’s what would make ME happy. But it’ll never happen.

As noted above, in post #15, I contacted US Optics last June. Would think their position is unchanged and wouldn’t be surprised if they monitored “the Hide” looking for any hint of demand. I haven’t see any, but been off the site for while.

On the good news front I’m looking forward to finally receiving a GAP M40A1 in a few days, after a year wait and fortunately missing those prices.

Regarding optics, last summer I sent the T-10 to Iron Sight for a function check and mechanical zero.

Once I get the weapon on deck I’ll post photos and follow up with a range report.

Fortitudine!
Remy700_

Reactions: Basher