• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing New Muzzle Loader

Firemarshall27

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2003
Stoutsville, Ohio,
TC Encore Endeavor
Nikon Omega BDC scope
Leupold Rings
EGW base
TIS Slip cuff sling
Harris with Lg Podclaws

DSC04335.jpg
DSC04334.jpg
DSC04333.jpg
DSC04337.jpg

Re: New Muzzle Loader

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pod claws on a ML, dont see that every day. Nice looking rig. </div></div>

Don't see MK4 rings on a ML everyday either.
laugh.gif

Good looking smoke pole. I really enjoy my Encore muzzle loader.

Oneshot

Scottx88,

What load are you using? I used 150gn and Horady SST's in my old ML. Was going to try that first. By the way nice looking piece.

Gotta love front stuffers. This was last weekend at <span style="font-weight: bold">500 yards</span> with my T/C Omega and a 325gr .458 Hornady FTX driven by 130gr of 777, 39 MOA dialed into the scope. 8.5 inch group, I think I can tighten that up by actually letting the barrel cool down:
IMG_2263.JPG

Muzzleloaders are a hoot!

Heres my contribution-
Savage 10ML-1. McM A3, 2.5-10 Nikon Tactical. 250grn Barnes TMZ @ 2450FPS do the trick.

M40A3010.jpg

Nice Encore! Gotta love front stuffers! Deer season can't get here quick enough for me. ; )

7mm,

She's working out real nice! I have not had much range time the past month or two. However, I burned a lot of powder earlier this past spring
wink.gif

I have some really good looking 200 yard targets as well..
grin.gif
Hoping to try my luck at 400 before season gets here. Won't be long!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you gonna shoot it the next time on the course?

At least bring it up to play!</div></div>

I should, I should be at the next match!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muzzleloaders are a hoot!

Heres my contribution-
Savage 10ML-1. McM A3, 2.5-10 Nikon Tactical. 250grn Barnes TMZ @ 2450FPS do the trick.

M40A3010.jpg
</div></div>

Looks like shit man! I even bet you can't hit the side of a barn with it??? LOL!!!

I havent seen a real muzzleloader here in the thread.

This is my go to ML right now, 62 cal smoothbore, can do 25 yard head shots all day long, 50 yard body shots on a Type E sil.

IMG_07631.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I havent seen a real muzzleloader here in the thread.

This is my go to ML right now, 62 cal smoothbore, can do 25 yard head shots all day long, 50 yard body shots on a Type E sil.

IMG_07631.jpg

</div></div>

If you want to apply those rules that's not a real ML, that's a replica. Here is the REAL ML that hangs on my living room wall, the barrel is from the 1700s and was converted to percussion. My great-great-great grandfather carried it in the Ontario Militia during the Feinian Raids of 1866:

IMG_21691.JPG

IMG_21631.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SR71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Encore! Gotta love front stuffers! Deer season can't get here quick enough for me. ; )

</div></div>

What are the specs on this??? I am very intrigued..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SR71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Encore! Gotta love front stuffers! Deer season can't get here quick enough for me. ; )

</div></div>

What are the specs on this??? I am very intrigued.. </div></div>

I'm guessing 700 conversion to smokeless...pac nor and 45 ACP ignition? Let us know how you had it done, this is 2nd on my wish list right now. I'm limited to .45 barrel or larger in my state, so I'm thinking .458 barrel for sabotless with 45-70 bullets.

To each their own.....

But I don't get all of these new fangled inlines and ML's that run smokeless powder.. mark 4 scopes or scopes at all for that matter.

It's referred to as a traditional hunt. Whats traditional about that?

I will stick to my flint lock, maybe even upgrade to a cap lock since I seem to be behind the times.....

They are "neat" but many states wouldn't even allow them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To each their own.....

But I don't get all of these new fangled inlines and ML's that run smokeless powder.. mark 4 scopes or scopes at all for that matter.

I will stick to my flint lock, maybe even upgrade to a cap lock since I seem to be behind the times.....

They are "neat" but many states wouldn't even allow them. </div></div>

No, it's not a "Traditional" season, the rule book in both states in which I hunt clearly call it a "Muzzleloader" season, and my weapons conform to their definition. Sometimes I carry an inline, sometimes a caplock. In fact my caplock and open sighted inline both have a hammer, identical length barrels, and identical trajectories. The differences are purely cosmetic.

Remmy S/A Trued, Krieger barrel rifled to my specs, ONE piece breechplug of my design utilizing trimmed .308 cases. Basically everything is custom on this front stuffer. All finish work done by Geoff Corn. This thing will flat out shoot. Yes, I do shoot sabotless. Thanks

v/r

SR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To each their own.....

They are "neat" but many states wouldn't even allow them. </div></div>

To be honest and not trying to be rude I really dont care on being to "traditional" its just the most accurate thing I can hunt with in my state if I could use a rifle i would in a heartbeat but i cant. We are limited to "Muzzleloaders" and shotguns that can only have 3 rounds in them. I want to use an accurate muzzle loader with a scope because I have seen to many times deer have there leg or jaw blown off by a slug gun. So that is my reason. I just want to make fast clean kills and a muzzleloader is the way to go for me.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SR71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remmy S/A Trued, Krieger barrel rifled to my specs, ONE piece breechplug of my design utilizing trimmed .308 cases. Basically everything is custom on this front stuffer. All finish work done by Geoff Corn. This thing will flat out shoot. Yes, I do shoot sabotless. Thanks

v/r

SR </div></div>

I tried to reach SR71 about his ML but havent heard back from him. Does anyone have the specs on this Front Stuffer?

Can you give me some info on this nice looking ML? I can only hunt with a shotgun or ML where I live during deer season. I would like to use your ML this season. It's a great looking weapon. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Do you have the trajectory and muzzle velocity from 50 yards out 500 yards? If you do, could you share your info. I just bought an Omega tonight.

I'm really interested in this peice. If you or anyone can share the info on this weapon....it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hunt with this weapon next year during the firearms season. Thanks!

If your not pushing it to the limit with everything allowed by law, I,m guessing your shooting a walmart gun for rifle season. Accuracy is what it is all about. "SNIPERS HIDE" Great looking tactical muzzle loader. Wish I could have one.

I'm more interested to hear how sabotless bullets work and all the talk I hear about sizing and "knurling" the slugs. I have been looking at a Savage 10ML-II and the all the rage seems to be going to sabotless shooting using .40 slugs.