• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New nightforce atacr optic opinions

yz45067

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2012
Renton, Wa
Really considering purchasing one for my new .300 winny and would like to hear what y'all have to say about them. Thanks for any input it all helps!

This is the 3rd thread in this forum I have said this in today. I considered a lot of options before I settled in on the ATACR for one of my .308's
I also own an NXS 3-15x50 F1, so I have been able to compare the 2 scopes side by side at the range on the same day on 2 different rifles. Both scopes are worth every penny I spent on them but the ATACR is a step above the NXS in clarity, color, and badassness in my opinion.

One of the most important things I can say about the ATACR is that it seems like my eyes do not strain as fast when looking through the scope all day at the range shooting from the bench or prone.
It's not like the NXS is an issue in that regard, but I do notice that my eyes get tired sooner when shooting the rifle with the NXS on it vs the ATACR. It could be me subconsciously telling myself that to justify the money I have spent on glass this last year, but really, I think the ATACR glass, coatings and set up make it easier to stare through the thing for hours like I tend to do when I make a range trip.

I have one, clear as a bell. That said the ATACR was better than the NXS, HDMR and Vortex that I looked at. I checked a S&B 3x12, there is NO doubt that was better than the ATCAR. So I would say the ATACR is probably better than most according to my eyes. I notice outdoors the ATACR is great, indoors not so much. It does not go parallax free until 50 yards which may be an issue with me trying to set with a plumb line just for info. You need 55 yds minimum.

I like it, kinda wish I had the SB though....

Compared to my NXS, the ATACR clarity is leaps and bounds better. It's truly like watching a football game on a standard, tube-style television and then replacing it with a 1080p l.e.d. setup.

My opinion is the same as all these other guys, the color and clarity is quite a bit better than the standard NXS. I was shooting the other day and had my ATACR, my 5.5-22 NXS and my brothers Leupold 6.5-20 and couldn't believe the difference between the three of them.

Y'all rock. I am going to order mine tonight. Thank you to all that helped me make my decision.

The mechanics of the ATACR are very solid, it seems very well built mechanically. I haven't compared mine to anything else yet, I need to get back to NV where the neighbors won't call the popo when they see someone with a rifle out in the yard.