• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Nightforce "B.E.A.S.T." & ATACR

Hueyguy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2012
Out West
Checking out the NF website, the cat's out of the bag- 2 new scopes, both 5-25, one ea FFP/SFP, Beast is F1 w/serious upgrades.
Any word on prices, anybody?

Re: New Nightforce "B.E.A.S.T." & ATACR

Looks freakin awesome! +1 on pricing and availability.

took'em long enough. pretty exciting though. i WILL own one of those atacr's. i just hope theyre in the same price range as the f1. i couldnt imagine them being too much more. i hope not atleast. i thought the rumor on the street was that both of the 5-25 scopes coming out were going to be ffp, and that the beast was going to be the ultra premium and the other was going to be in the f1 realm. im a little dissapointed its sfp. seems to me they still have a gap in their line up

The ATACR looks promising, 34mm tube and finally, ED GLASS!! something NF has been missing currently. NXS guts with quality glass will be a tough combo to beat even if it is SFP. Hope it prices competitively.

is the Competition scope listed there new as well? I don't remember that one being available before now.

Anyone notice the beast's elevation knob marked .2 mil?

I hope I can afford these after my wrist surgery since I just beat my dick til it exploded to the thought of a B.E.A.S.T. on my AW260 and an ATACR on my Howa 308 both in Spuhr mounts... fuck now I need a new key board to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LM308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone notice the beast's elevation knob marked .2 mil? </div></div>

youre right, interesting

Yeah, I guess I missed that Competition scope first time through. 15-55X! Awesome 1.83' FOV@100yds, if you needed to sex a gnat or something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LM308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone notice the beast's elevation knob marked .2 mil? </div></div>

That is only half the story, you're missing a key element, lol

Website does not say, but does say it's based upon the NXS series, and the beast is the same mag range but they deliberately say FFP. That which remains...

I think LL was saying the Beast was gonna be in the S&B price range.

What is the switch in front of elevation knob?

Intelligent and intuitive.
– XtremeSpeed™ adjustments provide 60 MOA (20 Mil- Radians) of elevation instantly in a single rotation
- Unique i4F™ intelligent four-function elevation control DigIllum™ digital illumination-externally controlled
- Proprietary 360° brake control allows you to instantly secure your elevation adjustments
- ZeroStopTM standard
- Available in MOA or Mil-Radian adjustments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the switch in front of elevation knob?</div></div>

The game change button, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATACR is SFP </div></div>
super sad, was hoping for a nsx 5.5-22f1. guess i will have to settle for a beast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the switch in front of elevation knob?</div></div>

</div></div>
if that button snaps the turret back to zero i may piss my pants.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the switch in front of elevation knob?</div></div>

</div></div>

This

- Unique i4F™ intelligent four-function elevation control DigIllum™ digital illumination-externally controlled

This,

Unique i4F™ intelligent four-function elevation control

The digillum is on the parallax knob.

The elevation has several control, you don't just dial up or down in the traditional sense of how we have operated in the past.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This,

The elevation has several control, you don't just dial up or down in the traditional sense of how we have operated in the past. </div></div>

can't wait to see it !!

Graphic

530461_10151414470012953_650420126_n.png

"provide 60 MOA (20 Mil- Radians) of elevation instantly in a single rotation"...

with a total of what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This,

The elevation has several control, you don't just dial up or down in the traditional sense of how we have operated in the past. </div></div>

As in like, multiple zeroes with the push of a button?

How about actually explaining how the scope functions as opposed to bread crumbs
grin.gif

Cheers,
Rath

Nice stuff for you guys who do a lot of long-range shooting. Personally, I like the new reticles for the compacts!

March for the ATACR, the BEAST, shortly after.

Can't explain, I'm not supposed to talk about it, so I am not saying anything beyond what their site says.

If they hadn't gone live and if people didn't see it, I would not be saying anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
kWDh6l.jpg
</div></div>

This. Im looking forward to the ATACR. Maybe more reticle choices in the future

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The elevation controls really go a step further than before, and its all one hand function. </div></div>

I think I got it.

The scope has an internal ballistic LRF that sends information to the turret where a tiny gnome inside the housing begins spinning the turret automatically to the proper adjustment once you simultaneously release the brake and depress the top of the turret. The gnome is sent into motion when the button on the turret strikes a flint which ignites a fire, which in turn ignites his ass and causes him to move the turret and that's why the ring on the turret is red! For fire! And the "brake" is actually the sprinkler but to get it past the union they had to be discreet.

Am I on the right track??? Forget one hand, that's 2 finger operation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The elevation controls really go a step further than before, and its all one hand function. </div></div>

Forget one hand, that's 2 finger operation. </div></div>

TWSS...
wink.gif

And i thought that LL said there were no other electronics in the scope besides illum.
If so, that eliminates your LRF theory... however the gnomes might still be a key element.

Anything new on Compact other than reticle?

hewlett260, thank you for the laugh, funny shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PappaSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything new on Compact other than reticle?

hewlett260, thank you for the laugh, funny shit. </div></div>

If they can fit the MOAR in one it would be nice if the could make a MILR fit.... Or again a velocity reticle subtended in Mrad...

JJ

</div></div>

Does it provide a rapid ability to zoom ie up from 5 to 25x for clear target identification ?

They make two references for the need to identify targets in a small the release so that would suggest target ID is a key part of this new package. Nice to see the Germans had to help them out LOL.

extremely difficult targets demanding levels of positive identification

Military snipers are now called upon to positively identify targets and distinguish threats at distances measured in hundreds of meters. The slightest nuance in appearance can, for example, separate a legitimate IED threat from an innocent non-combatant.

+ external variable reticle illumination.

How about a FFP reticle that remains constant in size at all ranges ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The elevation controls really go a step further than before, and its all one hand function. </div></div>

Forget one hand, that's 2 finger operation. </div></div>

TWSS...
wink.gif

And i thought that LL said there were no other electronics in the scope besides illum.
If so, that eliminates your LRF theory... however the gnomes might still be a key element. </div></div>

User enabled MTC that can be configured on the fly by the shoter as a BDC for the rifle and load the scope is mounted on?

i believe the scope is going to have some sort of slip style turrent that has both coarse and fine adjustments. something along the lines of moving in greater amounts (.2 mrads) then being able to drop to either .1 or .05 mrads for fine tuning. this is my version of M.O.S.S. ( mystical order of secret shit ). i want to say i overheard a Nightforce rep kind of hinting around at the last match I shot. i remember him saying it was definitely going to be a game changer. i also strictly remember him saying that there would be a 5.5 x 22 FFP debuting at shot. whether thats this scope or not i do not know.

and the MOA version would be the same style possibly in half minutes then down to quarter minute

I cannot believe the ATACR is SFP....I was expecting them to keep heading in FFP. The only thing stopping me from owning a Nightforce is their lack of FFP option in a higher mag range. The beast was expected, but it's also expected to bring a very hefty price. I've liked Nightforce because of their lower priced scopes, but if it gets to S&B range, I'm still going for a 5-25 with a Klein or H2CMR reticle every time. However, I will be excited to see how the turret works.

Like others have said, if they don't reveal a FFP version of the ATACR or a 5.5-22 F1, it will still feel like a hole in the lineup.