• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New No4 Mk1 (T)

sport10990

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2018
Beaufort, South Carolina
Well, I can finally check another sniper rifle off the list. I now have this rifle, a Z prefix 03a4, a WRA M1D, a repro 03a1 sniper clone, Mosin PU, all matching K98 ZF41, and a Swede M41B. I am one sniper away from my goal of having a sniper rifle from every major power of WW2. This Enfield is an exceptional condition. Being a 1943, I've been told that this one probably saw some action. The same source told me that around 25,000 rifles were converted to snipers and most imported to North America because that is where the surplus market was. Unfortunately for most, about 90 percent of these rifles do not match. But fortunately for me, this helps in the case of mine because the scope and mount match! The glass is crystal clear and the wood is very nice, with an almost like new finish. Got a transit case with it, although it is not the matching transit case. Now if I could find the matching scope tin, I would be a very happy. Fortunately, it's probably here in North America, bad news, its gonna be hard to find lol. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_6671.jpg
    IMG_6671.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_6672.jpg
    IMG_6672.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6673.jpg
    IMG_6673.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_6674.jpg
    IMG_6674.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_6675.jpg
    IMG_6675.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_6676.jpg
    IMG_6676.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6677.jpg
    IMG_6677.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6678.jpg
    IMG_6678.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_6679.jpg
    IMG_6679.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 133
Well, I can finally check another sniper rifle off the list. I now have this rifle, a Z prefix 03a4, a WRA M1D, a repro 03a1 sniper clone, Mosin PU, all matching K98 ZF41, and a Swede M41B. I am one sniper away from my goal of having a sniper rifle from every major power of WW2. This Enfield is an exceptional condition. Being a 1943, I've been told that this one probably saw some action. The same source told me that around 25,000 rifles were converted to snipers and most imported to North America because that is where the surplus market was. Unfortunately for most, about 90 percent of these rifles do not match. But fortunately for me, this helps in the case of mine because the scope and mount match! The glass is crystal clear and the wood is very nice, with an almost like new finish. Got a transit case with it, although it is not the matching transit case. Now if I could find the matching scope tin, I would be a very happy. Fortunately, it's probably here in North America, bad news, its gonna be hard to find lol. Enjoy!
We will need to see groups as soon as you are able! ? ? ?

Reactions: D_TROS
I have a savage Enfield, but this No4 is on my short list.

Very nice!! And good job on matching numbers. That's a tough one as most matching are already tucked away.

Regards,
DT

Very nice... I’m jealous!!

Any chance you could post a couple detailed photos of the rear sight? I’m in the process of putting the final touches on a faux-(T). I know the Battle sight was milled down and the underside was had some material taken off as well to allow the bolt to clear. Can you post a couple pics showing the work done of the sight?

I just got this book in the mail today, so I have not read it yet, but it might be of interest to those interested in the No 4 Mk 1 (T) Sniper rifle. The book has nice color pics, and even has a section on building a replica with the replica scope, so its sort-of unique. Just an fyi:

Britain created World War II’s most effective sniper rifle starting with the war’s best bolt-action battle rifle. Elite marksmen used the No. 4 Mk I (T) sniper with skill and cunning and quickly dominated the battlefield. "The Matchless Enfield" tells the story of the No. 4 sniper rifle and how it was developed and used. The No. 4 (T)’s on range performance is evaluated by shooting an original. Included is an evaluation of the specialized gear including the unique 20X telescope, binocular, transit chest and other gear the sniper teams used on their stalks into the enemy’s lines. Fully illustrated with 75 color and 6 period B&W photos. Includes handloading tips, factory ammo performance, a resource guide and bibliography. Read sample chapters and see a preview of the photos free at ArtInArmsPress.com.

Very nice matching T! The person who sold that to you must have been a fool to let it out of his grip. Or maybe he just owned too many? Nice score and great piece of history.

Ok so here's the technically 2nd range trip. The first one was a disaster. Cold and rainy and couldn't get it on paper. But it was my own fault of not knowing how these scopes truly worked. I though you would loosen the center nut in the dials so you could turn the settings back to zero. On my 2nd trip, I actually looked through the scope and turned that screw and it actually moves the crosshairs too. So here it is on paper at 100 yards. I am still fine tuning it as I didn't have much ammo for the 2nd trip so it will get better. But it did ring steel at 300 and 500 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_6705.jpg
    IMG_6705.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 52
I think when you find a spot to aim at and get hunkered down right, you'll improve those groups. I always worry about the groups size first before I worry about where on the target it's hitting. It'll take a bit of time, but you'll get "right" with this rifle, and I'm betting it will do amazing things for you.

Reactions: crackerbrown
Very nice... I’m jealous!!

Any chance you could post a couple detailed photos of the rear sight? I’m in the process of putting the final touches on a faux-(T). I know the Battle sight was milled down and the underside was had some material taken off as well to allow the bolt to clear. Can you post a couple pics showing the work done of the sight?

Sooter76

I have Laidler’s book on the No. 4 Mk. 1 T rifle. If you are still looking for info on the backsight modification, I could scan the relevant pages and send the images to you.