• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new non-snipery projects.

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    I'm waiting on a 1903 Springfield dated 1917 to mount my Warner Swayze scope and a field manual for the scope to see if I can dis-assemble it for cleaning. While waiting for that to arrive, I ha have 3 projects ongoing.

First, I am re-building my Volley Gun after the rotating force of four barrels igniting in series ripped the barrels apart. Yhis time I'm welding the barrels together. I'm also shortening the barrels to 16.5 inches and using a Sten loop stock for an all metal gun. There are several metal stocked flint locks in museums.

Original volley gun that self destructed,
    P1000402.JPG

New volley gun
    DSCN6058.JPG
    DSCN6059.JPG

Next I'm making a Ross .303 sporter. I've had a super accurate Ross barreled action laying around for years and the same for a high grade sporting stock for a Remington model 30. Put this all together with a nice vintage external adjustment long tube scope and probably sell it as I've since bought an original Ross 1910 sporter.
    DSCN6060.JPG

Finally I picked up a really rough Pedersoli 1874 Sharps sporting rifle in 45-70 and am refinishing it, putting a new stock on it, adding a double set trigger and Soule type long range sights. I'm going to sell this as a complete Buffalo Hunt package with Buffalo hide coat, period gauntlets, cartridge belt, shooting sticks, brass, bullets, loading dies, leather scabbard and buffalo skinner knife set in buffalo hide knife block.

DSCN6061.JPG

DSCN6062.JPG
    DSCN5978.JPG

Wow, a man of many talents and interests. Good luck with Volley gun #2. Very impressive.

Reactions: tomcatmv
    😩. The better half just told me F*** NO! When I showed her the Buffalo Hunter Kit.

Talk about a sweet turn key setup for NRA BPCR Silhouette. It is still on my list, but I haven’t made the time to shoot my Remington Rolling Block in 40-65 enough to be competitive at 500+.

Too many interesting (read expensive) hobbies. 😁

On a side note, which Soule Sight are you putting on the sharps? I am evaluating my options for an upgrade on said Remington.

😩. The better half just told me F*** NO! When I showed her the Buffalo Hunter Kit.

Talk about a sweet turn key setup for NRA BPCR Silhouette. It is still on my list, but I haven’t made the time to shoot my Remington Rolling Block in 40-65 enough to be competitive at 500+.

Too many interesting (read expensive) hobbies. 😁

On a side note, which Soule Sight are you putting on the sharps? I am evaluating my options for an upgrade on said Remington.
    Pedersoli long range sights.

Reactions: Modoc
    Volley gun is not for sale. I just thought I'd mention some projects, I don't want to appear to be trying to circumvent the Hides' sales policy.
    I was joking. You have the coolest projects. Does it fire all 4 barrels at once?

Reactions: RTH1800
    Pedersoli long range sights.
    @buffalowinter , I will be interested in your opinion on the quality of the sights after you are finished. The pictures look good, but I haven’t seen any physically. Those that I know are shooting BPCR. Are all running MVA sights or PC (Period Correct) scopes.

@buffalowinter , I will be interested in your opinion on the quality of the sights after you are finished. The pictures look good, but I haven’t seen any physically. Those that I know are shooting BPCR. Are all running MVA sights or PC (Period Correct) scopes.

Pedersoli sights are excellent at half the cost of the MVA...still $380
    1667698007100.png

Attachments

• 1667697870319.png
      1667697870319.png
      95.9 KB · Views: 38
    Diet coke in the background is how you know he was an officer :ROFLMAO:

I'm waiting on a 1903 Springfield dated 1917 to mount my Warner Swayze scope and a field manual for the scope to see if I can dis-assemble it for cleaning. While waiting for that to arrive, I ha have 3 projects ongoing.

First, I am re-building my Volley Gun after the rotating force of four barrels igniting in series ripped the barrels apart. Yhis time I'm welding the barrels together. I'm also shortening the barrels to 16.5 inches and using a Sten loop stock for an all metal gun. There are several metal stocked flint locks in museums.

Original volley gun that self destructed,
    View attachment 7991360

New volley gun
    View attachment 7991349View attachment 7991350

Next I'm making a Ross .303 sporter. I've had a super accurate Ross barreled action laying around for years and the same for a high grade sporting stock for a Remington model 30. Put this all together with a nice vintage external adjustment long tube scope and probably sell it as I've since bought an original Ross 1910 sporter.
    View attachment 7991351

Finally I picked up a really rough Pedersoli 1874 Sharps sporting rifle in 45-70 and am refinishing it, putting a new stock on it, adding a double set trigger and Soule type long range sights. I'm going to sell this as a complete Buffalo Hunt package with Buffalo hide coat, period gauntlets, cartridge belt, shooting sticks, brass, bullets, loading dies, leather scabbard and buffalo skinner knife set in buffalo hide knife block.

View attachment 7991352

View attachment 7991353View attachment 7991358

That stock in the cradle looks like a Goens vintage. Beautiful European walnut and all

Getting into the Volley gun as it progresses. Stock, trigger, and trigger guard are all on. I'm going to put a Walnut panel in the "skeleton" portion of the stock and Walnut panel handguards. Barrels will be in a darkened Burnt Bronze Cerekote while stock and bayonet will be in Oiled Antique Bronze with a Cerakote matte clear coat.
    mocked up
    DSCN6078.JPG
    DSCN6079.JPG
    DSCN6080.JPG

installed
    DSCN6081.JPG

That would be a kick in the pants at the Rendezvous this weekend.

I’m having to settle for a single barrel flinter.

Project updates:
    Electro chemical engraving the Volley Gun
    DSCN6083.JPG

Butt stock with patch box. Now on to final finishing.
    DSCN6084.JPG

Warner-Swasey scope installed on 1903 Springfield mfgd in 1917.
    DSCN6085.JPG

Sharps sporting stock inletting around new double set trigger.
    DSCN6086.JPG

Ross 1910 sporter, inletting, bedding, fitting new magazine box, floorplate, re-drilling action screws, cut and weld new trigger.
    DSCN6087.JPG

Volley gun finished. I guess I'll have to do a video and accuracy test. Not looking forward to it. I hate the explosion in front of your shooting eye and the timer delay between flash in the pan and actual discharge. Very un-nerving. I would have to guess that as soldiers stood on line and fired in volleys that they all had their eyes closed. I'm surprised that every veteran wasn't blind in their aiming eye. When I shoot this I fully intend to wear my riot helmet with face shield and maybe my welder's glove.
    DSCN6134.JPG

DSCN6135.JPG

DSCN6136.JPG

DSCN6137.JPG