• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New NV and Thermal Gear at 2024 Shot Show

Very cool, and interesting they kept the size the same but increased the FOV by 50% (which was already crazy small). This is exactly what I hope happens with some of the 50mm LWIR units. Heck even a 40mm objective with a 1080 sensor would be great.

Holy grail would be a UTC Xii type with an HD sensor (dreaming about 10um sensor to keep things super compact!) UTC performance with a 10deg or 12deg FOV!

Reactions: Ksracer
I'm hoping that Pulsar is going to introduce a few 1024 Res optics, preferably a scope with a 3x base mag.

SJC
Mid-america optics posted on their fb page the only thing new so far is
"Pulsar
Telos XG50 & XG50LRF
Telos XQ35
Merger DUO"

I think pulsar should have increased the base mag of the Thermion XL50 but that's just me, simply doubling the magnification puts it at the resolution essentially of the XG50 (I know it's not quite true b/c they have different pixel and NETD). They did FINALLY agree to do a 5 year warranty to keep up with Rix and Infiray whom are stealing lots of customers. I maybe in that customer base if pulsar doesn't adapt.

Reactions: mikefraz
Bump for Day 2.

Anyone out there been by the N-Vision booth?
If so a report on new products please!

@Max_R
I’ve never been to SHOT so I’m not sure how it works, but I’ve seen ZERO posts on Nvision. Maybe they aren’t at their booth yet? Otherwise I’m sure SOMEONE would’ve posted something. I’m eagerly waiting myself and periodically do searches looking for any info from them

I'm hoping that Pulsar is going to introduce a few 1024 Res optics, preferably a scope with a 3x base mag.

SJC
I read that the current 1024 sensor pulsar uses isn't capable of having a 3x base mag yet.
Maybe in the future, but all they have available in 3x base mag is the XG50, which they are offering a model without the LRF this year.

Bump for Day 3.

If anyone happens by the Trijicon Electrooptics booth, please let us know if they have discovered rechargeable batteries (18650!) are a thing, or still living in 2017 and feeding their thermal lineup CR123s.

Trijicon did their best to mimic Leopolds R&D guys so your still be offered an exciting product that will now run off jumper cables and a 9v lantern battery and resurrected MK4s, hopefully miss matched turrets again!

Has anyone actually been able to look through the new Pulsar Merger Duo NXP50. Digital NV has always been sketchy and curious if this unit really works to combine both for a usable image...

Has anyone actually been able to look through the new Pulsar Merger Duo NXP50. Digital NV has always been sketchy and curious if this unit really works to combine both for a usable image...

Yup I think so, a buddy of mine has a merger and I have messed with them on several occasions hunting. They have a great image, nice FOV but they EAT batteries and are cumbersome IMO to use as a handheld scanner all night.

Reactions: Glassaholic
The new RH50R looks pretty cool. I just don't want to have anything Chicom on my rifles. I may just keep my eyes open for a lightly used XRF. Yea, I'm one of those...
I have a terrible habit of switching to a new thermal every year. I like trying new things. This year I’m using an XRF and to be honest, there hasn’t been anything released that really makes me want to switch to something new. The Pulsar XL image doesn’t look THAT much better and it’s too low of base mag for my needs. The Iray 1280 is too low of base mag as well. The new Iray Hybrid 75 with a 4x base mag is very slightly intriguing, but I have more confidence in the XRF’s LRF than any of Iray’s offerings. I can see it in the future, Iray will combine features and create a Hybrid 75 1280. So maybe when someone offers a 3x or 4x 1280 I’ll give it a try. I haven’t been that impressed with my Pulsar in high humidity compared to my XRF.

The new RH50R looks pretty cool. I just don't want to have anything Chicom on my rifles. I may just keep my eyes open for a lightly used XRF. Yea, I'm one of those...
There’s a couple for sale at great prices right now in the px

I have a terrible habit of switching to a new thermal every year. I like trying new things. This year I’m using an XRF and to be honest, there hasn’t been anything released that really makes me want to switch to something new. The Pulsar XL image doesn’t look THAT much better and it’s too low of base mag for my needs. The Iray 1280 is too low of base mag as well. The new Iray Hybrid 75 with a 4x base mag is very slightly intriguing, but I have more confidence in the XRF’s LRF than any of Iray’s offerings. I can see it in the future, Iray will combine features and create a Hybrid 75 1280. So maybe when someone offers a 3x or 4x 1280 I’ll give it a try. I haven’t been that impressed with my Pulsar in high humidity compared to my XRF.
Are there any known issues with the Iray LRF?

Anyone have any actual hands on use with the Z Bolt ACAL there? Looks pretty good, but wondering if it will just never come to like the eo tech OGL. Or suck lol

Reactions: nikonNUT and JDB55
Yup I think so, a buddy of mine has a merger and I have messed with them on several occasions hunting. They have a great image, nice FOV but they EAT batteries and are cumbersome IMO to use as a handheld scanner all night.
Thanks Kino. Cumbersome because the unit is so big or...? Any other new "duo" NV/Thermal images at SHOT this week?

Couple observations...
1. TNVC is working to bring fusion to civilians (cool beans)
2. States earlier in the video that the ECOTI can be used with CivTAK, this is the first I'm hearing of that. Anyone know more there? Maybe some plug ins were release to Civ
3. Powered helmet is legit

Are there any known issues with the Iray LRF?
I’ve seen tons of issues with the LRF shutting off or losing connection. Though, nothing on the newest Hybrid 75 yet. I can only base my statement off of the most recent LRF’s that were released earlier this year. I’ve seen where Iray says the Hybrid LRF is only accurate at base mag as well as some have had issues with the “LRF Box” not matching up when you zoom in. That piece of info is second hand talk, I can’t 1000% confirm that.

Last edited:
I’ve seen tons of issues with the LRF shutting off or losing connection. Though, nothing on the newest Hybrid 75 yet. I can only base my statement off of the most recent LRF’s that were released earlier this year. I’ve seen where Iray says the Hybrid LRF is only accurate at base mag as well as some have had issues with the “LRF Box” not matching up when you zoom in. That piece of info is second hand talk, I can’t 1000% confirm that.

I’ve seen some videos demonstrating the same issue …. the original LRF for the Rico series works great on my Rico MK1, but hearing the new issues does make me want to hold off on a new purchase for a while until it gets resolved. The Hybrid 75 is tempting.

I must confess. I am in the market for a new handheld. But it must have a BAE core and a PVS14 eyepiece for long eye relief. I have held off on the Nox 18 hoping Nvision would release a clip on with an eyepiece add on capability for handheld or Trijicon would get it together and upgrade the Patrol to take 18650 batteries. But looks like wistful thinking. Come mid-February I need to make a decision.

2. States earlier in the video that the ECOTI can be used with CivTAK, this is the first I'm hearing of that. Anyone know more there? Maybe some plug ins were release to Civ
First I've heard of this being capable of doing that, even on TNVC's website for the ECOTI it states
For military and law enforcement customers, the ECOTI has also greatly expanded on the augmented reality capabilities of the AN/PAS-29A for customers with access to networked tactical C4ISR capabilities, including full integration with the Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK) displayed in the user’s night vision goggles via a Heads Up Display (HUD), providing unmatched situational awareness and command and control.
This sounds like its only for these sort of purchasers only and not an average civilian.

N Vision may have a clip on coming soon.....

IRay had a bunch of new stuff, a new pan and tilt unit at a great price IMO.

Photonis video shows some of the new Boomslang lenses-

Are we talking something to compete against the rico micro? If that nox 18 would have clip on functionality I'd be all over it. Half tempted to grab a stingir640, but the 223 recoil rating isn't great for me

Reactions: mikefraz

The Vyper pro with the boomslang sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully will have the option for 4G+(or whatever the higher tube above echo is).

Reactions: Lowdown3
From what I hear Photonis will be lucky to be able to release even a small amount of tubes into the US market this year, probably not many 4G.

From what I hear Photonis will be lucky to be able to release even a small amount of tubes into the US market this year, probably not many 4G.
Oh bummer, so you believe availability will be more into 2025? Or because of world events, more indefinite due to demand?

I am hoping NVision comes out with a thermal that has a regular scope form factor. I am a lefty, and when I run my XRF on my bolt gun it kinda sucks if you don't have a 60 degree bolt throw. The battery compartment interferes with your bolt operation and unless you get some crazy high mount contraption that puts the optic 5" above your bore you have to get sort of creative to mount on a bolt gun. I have it mounted just far enough forward so my LOP is pretty small and I am scrunched up right next to the gun.

I do like the Nvision dudes though. I bought a NOX35 from Europtic and it had a stripped screw on the factory mount that comes with it. They were really helpful with regards to offering to remove it (I wasn't real anxious to get all MacGuyver on a 7k thermal). I am going to wait a bit until I am done with "thermal season" and send it in.

Did they have their 5g and 72 deg FOV camera there like they said they would?

I am hoping NVision comes out with a thermal that has a regular scope form factor. I am a lefty, and when I run my XRF on my bolt gun it kinda sucks if you don't have a 60 degree bolt throw. The battery compartment interferes with your bolt operation and unless you get some crazy high mount contraption that puts the optic 5" above your bore you have to get sort of creative to mount on a bolt gun. I have it mounted just far enough forward so my LOP is pretty small and I am scrunched up right next to the gun.

I do like the Nvision dudes though. I bought a NOX35 from Europtic and it had a stripped screw on the factory mount that comes with it. They were really helpful with regards to offering to remove it (I wasn't real anxious to get all MacGuyver on a 7k thermal). I am going to wait a bit until I am done with "thermal season" and send it in.
Excellent CS! One of the best if not best in the NV biz.

I really MacGuyvered my Halo up one time and went to them with my tail between my legs expecting a high dollar no warranty claim and they took care of me on their dime. Did not have to.

Currently running a Nox 35 and it has been my favorite so far. Our night pig season does not start till February 11th….after deer season ends…..but I am fired up and ready. 3 different sounders on cameras around the property last night.

Currently running a Nox 35 and it has been my favorite so far. Our night pig season does not start till February 11th….after deer season ends…..but I am fired up and ready. 3 different sounders on cameras around the property last night.
Headed down for my annual TX trip, this will be my 20th year. Went from only hunting during the day, to lights on guns, to thermals. How times have changed. The more I go it becomes less about the hogs and more about visiting the friends I have made there. Still like shooting them though!

First I've heard of this being capable of doing that, even on TNVC's website for the ECOTI it states

This sounds like its only for these sort of purchasers only and not an average civilian.
the Hud module is still restricted, that hasn't changed for a while, even though a LOT of people would like it to, for way more reasons than just the ECOTI

Bet that new Rico MK2 RH50R will be a top seller this year for Iray. That 2560x2560 display and 60hz refresh rate is king.

Reactions: YotieJ