• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New NXS question

Furtaker_.223

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Columbia IL
www.snipershide.com
I have a NXS question to all you nightforce pro's.

I just bought my first NXS, in a 5.5-22x56 NP-R1 retical. Has the high speed zero stop and 20 moa turret.

My question is, I only get 3 complete revs and then stops at 11 on the cap. Is this all it should get? I sighted it in today at 100 yards, and set the zero stop and reset cap to zero. 100 yard is all we have at our range. I soon will take it out to 200 yard zero.

The inspection tag says it was built 2/24/2011.

Also, I thought the lines were to go all the way around the turret under the cap. Mine is a little of a u shape. Here is a pic of mine all the way up. Will not go any farther.

I dont want to sound stupid, but this is my first Nightforce. And know nothing about the moa adjustment. (YET !!!!) But I am learning.
I built a custom remington 308 to go under this optic, and I am just getting into the Long Range shooting.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

1301857422.jpg

Re: New NXS question

It's normal, I have one of the orginal High Speed Zero Stop configurations and the lines go all the way around. The new one that I have is just like yours and frankly I like it better than the older configuration. The 71 MOA of travel that you have is pretty good and will carry the bullet about as far as you could shoot it. All in all I'd say you're all set.

Thanks TM, I cant wait to get this out to some yardage. I shot behind it today, and it has to be, I mean was the best blass I shot behind. I love this NP-R1 retical. The next best glass I have is a Leupold VXIII 6-20x40 with a varmint hunter retical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger Monkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's normal, I have one of the orginal High Speed Zero Stop configurations and the lines go all the way around. The new one that I have is just like yours and frankly I like it better than the older configuration. The 71 MOA of travel that you have is pretty good and will carry the bullet about as far as you could shoot it. All in all I'd say you're all set. </div></div>

Same as on my new 5.5-22X50 with HST & ZS.

You have the exact scope ive been eyeing for days now. i normally run leupy MK4s TMR on my 2 rifles but im dying to try something new. just started saving up for a brand new one since ive always got one second hand from a store and on here.

I thought the 5.5-22 carries 100 MOA of elevation, unless your 100 yd zero stop was set at 29 MOA off the bottom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought the 5.5-22 carries 100 MOA of elevation</div></div>

It does. I have 99.5 on mine.

OP, you should have more. There are four lines on the turret for elevation but I only see three in the pic. The tip of the number 4 is just barely visible on the left side. You should have at least one more full rotation up from what's pictured. See below. That's a 5-22x50 without the stop vs a 56 ZS but the elevation should be the same.

100_2214.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: punkpigpen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have the exact scope ive been eyeing for days now. i normally run leupy MK4s TMR on my 2 rifles but im dying to try something new. just started saving up for a brand new one since ive always got one second hand from a store and on here. </div></div>

You will love it if you get one. This is my first NF and I want more. I want all my rifles wearing one.

This is the NP-R1 retical, super clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope. Mine is zero at 100 yards. Zero stop set and turret set at 0 and I get 71 MOA of adjustment. </div></div>

I got it. I was thinking you meant total scope travel. I don't have a zero stop but I assume it bottoms out the turret. My bad.