• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New NY gun law question

Dildobaggins

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jun 26, 2020
    So now that I am under a communist regime in NY. They passed laws that require you to have a permit to buy an AR. Does anyone know when these go into effect? I'm eyeing a new Colt that I'd like to get.

Thanks!

Surely this information is in the legislative notice on the law passing.

Or you can probably call your local gun shop. They are more knowledgeable about these things than almost anyone else.

Surely this information is in the legislative notice on the law passing.

Or you can probably call your local gun shop. They are more knowledgeable about these things than almost anyone else.
    Just talked to one online. He said around September 5th. Found the bill S9458, but no date is in it. They will be taken to court very soon I imagine, but that probably won't change the SAFE act. This shit they are trying to pass now with where you can and cannot carry is insane.

I'd suspect that people are going on "vacation" that will pick up hardware while on their travels.

I thought that one was 90 days from when it was signed into law but dont quote me on it.

Reactions: Dildobaggins