• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New old guy from NW Florida.

AMMO2w0x1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2021
Pensacola, FL
Hello everyone my name is Tim. I'm a 42yr old AF munitions (2w0x1) vet and I recently shot long-range (650yds) for the first time and I'm now hooked. I've known of this site for quite a few years now and feel like it will be a useful tool to guide me in the right direction(s) with any questions I may have regarding LR shooting. I plan on purchasing a rifle here in the new future and want to get as much information ahead of time so I can make good choice. Not sure what else to say. I like anchovies.

Reactions: DustBun
Welcome. There are some great ranges in Florida with quality instruction. You may be able to take a class with a “schoolhouse” rifle to build some solid fundamentals before diving in, or buy a rifle and take it to a class. I’m in SWFL - let me know if I can help answer any questions!

Reactions: AMMO2w0x1
Welcome. There are some great ranges in Florida with quality instruction. You may be able to take a class with a “schoolhouse” rifle to build some solid fundamentals before diving in, or buy a rifle and take it to a class. I’m in SWFL - let me know if I can help answer any questions!
I will definitely have questions and plan on taking some classes as soon as it's financially viable for me. A friend of mine owns a range called the Pig Farm and they have classes put on by Front Sight Solutions and hope to take one soon. Also I just recently built an AR (4th) and plan on picking up a bolt gun as soon as I can. I've been looking at the Bergara Premier Ridgeback in 308.

Attachments

• 20200605_095251.jpg
    20200605_095251.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Resized_Screenshot_20200605-111221_Samsung_Notes.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20200605-111221_Samsung_Notes.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20200605-113331_Samsung_Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20200605-113331_Samsung_Notes.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: BenjaminMartin6.5
Glad to hear you may find your way to a class! The world of precision rifles is a great place right now - the options for scopes, rifles, and matches are seemingly endless. I’ll put the Tikka T3X on your radar as well - comes in many flavors but can be rebarreled with a shouldered prefit. That’s an option you’ll appreciate in a couple years when the barrel is shot out, or if you want to change calibers.

I've seen those and they're a lot less than $2k. I'm definitely keeping my options open but hopefully being able to go back to work will allow me to spend a little more money and make one purchase. Who knows what this year has in store.

I will definitely have questions and plan on taking some classes as soon as it's financially viable for me. A friend of mine owns a range called the Pig Farm and they have classes put on by Front Sight Solutions and hope to take one soon. Also I just recently built an AR (4th) and plan on picking up a bolt gun as soon as I can. I've been looking at the Bergara Premier Ridgeback in 308.

If you have a $2000 budget, I'd recommend an Origin SA, Proof prefit and a Triggertech.
Stick it in a KRG Bravo.

Altus is somewhat close to you, but you can get things cheaper from Front Range Precision. Shipping/tax will be included in the price.

Get the Bravo from @cattleman99

If you can put an AR together, a bolt rifle is easy by comparison.