• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New "old" guy in central Va!!

GammaJag

Private
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2020
Richmond va
Thanks for having me!! 40 yrs old and medically retired after 13yrs between uscg and army. Genuinely setting myself up to start doing some beginner rifle matches. Just picked up a Burris XTR3 w SCR2 reticle (picked up a "blem" for a solid deal) to run on a 308 ar10 platform. Never ran MIL before so thats my first hurdle. Once I'm comfortable ill be leaning on some members before I pull the trigger on my first bolt gun. If anyone's around Richmond Va please reach out!! The snakes a gamma jag and the reference to my UN!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201006-191601_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20201006-191601_Messenger.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20200927-025801_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-025801_Gallery.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: robstop
Welcome to the forum. Is that a real snake? Poisonous?

Welcome ,been here a few hours myself . Thats a beautiful carpet python, always wanted one. I used to breed Ball Pythons, out of the business side of it now still stuck with my grown daughters pet one go figure. My old Texas Rat AKA chicken Snake finally gave up the ghost after about 13 years, picked him up when he was the size of a pencil in the middle of the road. If you ever get a chance check out the little spotteds they have more going on upstairs than any snake I ever dealt with. Ive heard carpets were like that also no first hand exp. though.

Welcome ,been here a few hours myself . Thats a beautiful carpet python, always wanted one. I used to breed Ball Pythons, out of the business side of it now still stuck with my grown daughters pet one go figure. My old Texas Rat AKA chicken Snake finally gave up the ghost after about 13 years, picked him up when he was the size of a pencil in the middle of the road. If you ever get a chance check out the little spotteds they have more going on upstairs than any snake I ever dealt with. Ive heard carpets were like that also no first hand exp. though.

Used to drive around w a 6" adult on my shoulders. Got pulled over one day because "i almost caused an accident". Thats how sweet they are!!

Reactions: robstop
Welcome! Mills work great and really make it easier imo. Take a class if you can. Lowlights class is awesome as is his book.

Welcome! Mills work great and really make it easier imo. Take a class if you can. .

Thanks brother! Im definitely getting that vibe and starting to understand mils and realizing its definitely just a comfort through experience base. Can you specify what you mean

Lowlights class is awesome as is his book?

Reactions: BikePilot