• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Old Guy...

Bogatyrs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2021
Canada
Hi all,
I am a senior (77 next week)! I have been away from shooting for a while, I am in great health so why not. Recently, I sold my motorcycle and gave up riding - arthritis in my hands and neck were just too limiting - more on that to come! I gave up my rifles when I moved from Northern Ontario to the city in the south and that was about 20 years ago. After that I took up pistol shooting and was certified in IPSIC. Unfortunately about 2014 I had to stop shooting because the arthritis got so bad in my hands that it was unsafe to be competing any longer.

I missed shooting, as I had been involved one way or another since my teens and again in the Army. So recently I bought a CZ 455 22LR with a Vortex Crossfire II scope. I would love to have another 308 and do some deer hunting in the future. I felt the 22 would be a good trainer and much cheaper than the centre fire options - senior you know with "fixed" income!

Since I bought my rifle I have not been able to put a round through it. Dry fire only in my livingroom! In Canada you have alot of restrictions and as a result I have to wait for the COVID restrictions to relax so that I can go the the local club orientation session and get membership completed. It shouldn't be a problem as I took my IPSIC training at this club.

So much has changed and developed in the years that I have been away. I look forward to learning much on this forum and hopefully get back some of my skill - hope it's like "riding a bicycle?

Mike

Reactions: Pinmaster
Mike it is good to read your post, I fear your position may deteriorate in the comings years as the gov-ment clamps down on the firearms. I hope you do well.