• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors new owner of g23 40cal.

bulldurham

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2005
ky
my first glock , am wanting to know what grain that you all shoot. or any other knowledge that you can give me. thanks

Re: new owner of g23 40cal.

I have a G-22 and 35 and for plinking I use most factory jacketed FP loads from Federal.Win,Remington but mostly I use my reloads.All my Glocks have aftermarket barrels,I dont shoot any Wolf thru my guns.For home defense I like Hornady XTP's or Golddots.I dont think you can go wrong with any of the American manufacturers(Fed/Win/Remy).

My old 23 has never shuddered due to any ammo, but generally it gets either Federal or Winchester 180 grn.
For whatever reason (mag springs most likely) my 22 does not like the lighter loadings. I just stick to 165 - 180grn ammo.

I used to have to carry a 23 for my old security job. For training we used Remy UMC but for on duty we loaded with Federal Low Recoil JHP. Both worked well. Just shoot the piss out of it with all sorts and see what it likes and what feels good in your hand.

As has been mentioned it should shoot all of it well. However, I'd stick with 155,165,180 weight.
With a heavy preference towards a bonded style bullet. (Gold Dot,HST, Ranger Bonded, Golden Saber Bonded) Figure out which weight you prefer for accuracy then pick one of the above for your HD selection.

For duty ammo we recently switched from 165 grain Speer Gold Dots to 180 grain Winchester Ranger. I'd be confident carrying either for home defense. For range...I use whatever is free.
grin.gif

1911 have the best trigger of any autoloading pistol, but Glocks flat out work, and there not like AK47's, I can do headshots at 25 yards with my G35, and G30, so accuracy is there. Self Defense stick with the 180hp, plinkin the WIn White Box 165 gets my vote, I have been reading alot about reloading for the 40s&w, looks like Tightgroup and 180fmj are soft shooters and still make major. Add a 3.5 disconnector and some night sights and you'll be GTG.

Yeah, what 427Cobra said. I keep 165 Federal Bonded hollow points in mine, but 180 Fed Bonded, Win Ranger, or just about any other bonded hp would get my vote if you like 180s. For practice, I usually shoot 165 Winchester white box - found in Wal-Mart for $30 per 100.

I don't have a Glock, but if a S&W MP40c will run those I know a Glock will. Shoot the crap out of it, learn it, and you'll learn how to shoot and make good shots regardless of ammunition choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1911 have the best trigger of any autoloading pistol, but Glocks flat out work, and there not like AK47's, I can do headshots at 25 yards with my G35, and G30, so accuracy is there. Self Defense stick with the 180hp, plinkin the WIn White Box 165 gets my vote, I have been reading alot about reloading for the 40s&w, looks like Tightgroup and 180fmj are soft shooters and still make major. Add a 3.5 disconnector and some night sights and you'll be GTG. </div></div>

Solo 1000 + a 180 grain bullet is a good combo, makes major, and is soft.

thanks to all that responded , just wanted to make sure i was going to use the right ammo. dont want any KBs as i have been told about. hopefully that doesnt happen if i do my part.

If you're doing lots of shooting and not reloading, try Georgia Arms. Ive had great results with my G23 and 35 using their bulk ammo.