• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos new pattern I came up with

veezer

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2007
Hazard, Kentucky
This is my first custom build and wanted to try something a little different for the pattern before I sent it off to my smith.

Re: new pattern I came up with

automotive masking (basically 12" wide masking tape) and an arttool stencil. I laid down the base then added masking and shaded the edges and used the stencil. Then removed the tape and applied the grey-green color with the same stencil and then clear coat.

Your pattern is really nice! It looks as though it could blend in with multiple environments. I'd be very happy with that!!

What ever you do don't put it down and walk away to take a leak you will never find it again. Nice job!!

That looks very cool. Nice job, looks like it took some patience and a few cold ones.

I like it quite a bit. Good job.

Thanks for all the feedback.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it quite a bit. Good job. </div></div>

It means alot coming from a man with your talent!

What kind of paint did you use? Fantastic job.

I'd have to rate that right up there....all reptilians would agree.

Its all duracoat. Magpul fde, matte black, tactical grey-green, and a custom brown mix that I made up.

Man, that is very slick, I have a couple of custom paint jobs , but that is really nice. Out Standing job.

I think that looks great. I'd like to see a Large pic of it.
If you can't post it, email it to me please. I would like to do something like it.

it looks realy nice but we hate t have a finished stock before we have to inlet and bed a rifle it is much better to do all the costom paint after the mill work and bedding has been done i realy hate trying not to scratch an awsome paint jub like that while trying to fit barrels that dont always line up and bottom metal and bed actions.

realy nice job on the painting though a real profesional finish and i am sure you can touch anything up if neede be after any work is done.