• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new personal record!

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    650yd song dog in 15mph full value wind! From the window of my Jeep! Took 3 shots. I don’t have a rangefinder so I guessed, I was about a mil low and needed to add more hold for wind. Second shot elevation was perfect but not quite enough wind hold, So I adjusted again and sent the third one and watched him fall over an absolute amazement! Lol

Attachments

• 823A2B93-A956-458E-B965-1930710295E4.jpeg
      823A2B93-A956-458E-B965-1930710295E4.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 89
    Nice shooting! I'm just an hour north of Cheyenne and have been working on a RPR project and a 1760 yard range on BLM land with some prairie dogs. My goal is to have a 1000 yard pd by this time next year. I'll have to get you up here sometime.

Reactions: 1J04
    Nice shooting! I'm just an hour north of Cheyenne and have been working on a RPR project and a 1760 yard range on BLM land with some prairie dogs. My goal is to have a 1000 yard pd by this time next year. I'll have to get you up here sometime.
    Where are you at? I was just an hour north of Cheyenne LOL. I was about 8 miles south of Wheatland on a state section.

Bender, Ks is exactly like that as well.
    Kidding.
    If we get one new easterner I vote PMClaine! He is a good guy just geographically misplaced. :)

Wife would never leave the ocean and truth be told looking out at vast expanses of water mesemerizes me as much as vast expanses of prairie.

Maybe Ill luck out and we can treat Great Whites like prairie dogs soon.

Reactions: RTH1800
    Where are you at? I was just an hour north of Cheyenne LOL. I was about 8 miles south of Wheatland on a state section.
    Yep! I know some of the wheat farmers out that way and did some shooting years ago east of I-25. Wheatland is where I live. I'll try to train myself on how to use the private message function and send you my contact info.

Reactions: Bender
    Nice shooting Bender! And oh yea, I’m jealous of your location!

When I read the title of this thread, being it’s in the pit, and from bender, I was expecting to see something along the lines of a record number of shits taken in a day

OR, being the Hide... Fapping

Bender, Ks is exactly like that as well.
    Kidding.
    If we get one new easterner I vote PMClaine! He is a good guy just geographically misplaced. :)
    Hey! Can I go back? Lived 9 years in Wichita and hated the citiots around me.

Happiest hunting ducks in my little private pond near Augusta or deer in the WIHAs in the southwest.

Reactions: RTH1800
    650yd song dog in 15mph full value wind! From the window of my Jeep! Took 3 shots. I don’t have a rangefinder so I guessed, I was about a mil low and needed to add more hold for wind. Second shot elevation was perfect but not quite enough wind hold, So I adjusted again and sent the third one and watched him fall over an absolute amazement! Lol

Are those rope burns on the body???

What did you shoot it with? I'd love to get out that way for some long range rodent slaying, But I feel .300WinMag and .308 is a little much, and a bit spendy.

No way do I believe Laramie or the Cheyenne areas ever get 15 mph winds.. I think you are pulling a fast one.

Wait, I mean no way is it ever that calm- lol

Good shooting

What did you shoot it with? I'd love to get out that way for some long range rodent slaying, But I feel .300WinMag and .308 is a little much, and a bit spendy.
    .223 55bt. With a rem 700 tactical 20” 1:9 with a lane scorpion king can

Reactions: Pappakap
    Congratulations, I always feel encouraged when I see other people have that type of success without running a $10,000 rig.

.223 55bt. With a rem 700 tactical 20” 1:9 with a lane scorpion king can
    Oh. Fixed 10x SWFA for a scope.
    Your shot reminds me of my personal favorite sage rat shot that was a big curve ball at 648yds 15 years ago. Held about 24" elevation and 36" of wind with a .223, one windage shot ,2nd kill. It was so rewarding at the time..... still is. (y)